STPI mandating MS technologies!!

  • K.C. Ramakrishna
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2009
      Hi all,

      I was planning to get my firm registered with the STPI and noticed a very curious pattern.
      Most downloads from STPI are in MS formats (doc, xls...)- http://www.hyd.stpi.in/downloads/download.html

      Also STPI is asking exclusively for power-point presentations.

      I was wondering if there is any group in India which will take this up. Will FSF India be interested? If there is
      nobody to do this, I might have to start something myself - am open to
      ideas.
      I think we need a signature/letter campaign with participation from profs/HODs of major Educational institutes and CEOs'/mgmt. of as many IT firms as we can. If these firms are already registered with STPI, it will be even better.

      Thanks,
      kc
      K. C. Ramakrishna
      www.rknowsys.com