LUG meets

  • Arun Tejasvi Chaganty
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 23, 2008
      Hey,
      A friend (Pranesh Srinivasan) and I, are really interested in
      attending atleast one ILUG-HYD meetup before we go back to our college
      (which is in Chennai). I've gone through your archives, and have't been
      able to find any reference to a meetup this month. Both of us are pretty
      active luggers there, and we were hoping to steal some ideas from your
      meets :-P. So, any plans of a LUG meet?

      Cheers,
      --
      Arun Tejasvi Chaganty (vimzard)
      GNOME GSoC Student

    • Sanjay Sha
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 23, 2008
        Arun,

        Good to see that you are interested in attending the meet. But, I should
        say,
        the likelihood of a talk this month seems very less. I have been busy with
        some
        stuff and couldn't get any speakers.. And we didn't get any speaker
        volunteering to give a talk as well.

        I will wait and see if there are any speakers interested this month..
        Otherwise, I'm sorry to disappoint you this time :(

        Cheers,
        Sanjay

        On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Arun Tejasvi Chaganty <
        arunchaganty@...> wrote:

        > Hey,
        > A friend (Pranesh Srinivasan) and I, are really interested in
        > attending atleast one ILUG-HYD meetup before we go back to our college
        > (which is in Chennai). I've gone through your archives, and have't been
        > able to find any reference to a meetup this month. Both of us are pretty
        > active luggers there, and we were hoping to steal some ideas from your
        > meets :-P. So, any plans of a LUG meet?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > --
        > Arun Tejasvi Chaganty (vimzard)
        > GNOME GSoC Student
        > Blog: http://arunchaganty.wordpress.com

        49:02:1f:d9:d5:10:98:58:12:af:56:e4:f1:34:cf:7e -Sunj
        www.sanjaysha.com

      • Arun Chaganty
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 24, 2008
          > And we didn't get any speaker volunteering to give a talk as well.
          neenaonline contacted me on ##linux-india, and asked if I'd like to present a talk, and I'd be eager to actually, if that's ok with everyone.

          I can't really think of many topics to present on, but two that I hope I'm qualified enough to talk about are:
          a) An introduction to GTK+ and GNOME development. Introducing GTK+, and Glade (with a demo app), followed by Glib and GObject (just structural and some pointers etc.). If time remains, an introduction to various other libraries like DBus, GConf.

          b) Anjuta. The IDE and plugin development. (My GSoC project, basically).

          I don't know if this is too basic or not. Would people coming be comfortable with Python examples (easier to explain with, etc.), or should I stick to C? I also would like to know (if I'm doing it), how much time more or less do I have, and what equipment will be on spot.

          Cheers,
          Arun Tejasvi Chaganty

          From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/citygroups/
        • thejaswi_p_23
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 24, 2008
            --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, Arun Chaganty <arunchaganty@...>
            wrote:

            > > And we didn't get any speaker volunteering to give a talk as well.
            > neenaonline contacted me on ##linux-india, and asked if I'd like to
            present a talk, and I'd be eager to actually, if that's ok with
            everyone.

            I doubt if I will be able to make it to the meet this month as I am
            tied down with some personal work. I would like to thank Arun for
            voulunteering to speak. If people are prepared to have a meet, I
            will contact the incharge in OU (Mr. Hasan) to setup the auditorium
            for us this sunday and also post the agenda on the website.

            > I can't really think of many topics to present on, but two that I
            hope I'm qualified enough to talk about are:
            > a) An introduction to GTK+ and GNOME development. Introducing GTK+,
            and Glade (with a demo app), followed by Glib and GObject (just
            structural and some pointers etc.). If time remains, an introduction
            to various other libraries like DBus, GConf.

            > b) Anjuta. The IDE and plugin development. (My GSoC project,
            basically).

            Regarding the details, you'll be provided
            - an LCD projector
            - an internet connection
            - blackboard
            - a laptop (only if required, since your talk involves GTK, I
            recommend you get your own because you might want to give a demo).

            The meet usually starts at 2:30pm and goes on for about 2 hours. So
            you are free to utilize the total time unless we get another speaker.

            I hope those details were sufficient. Kindly confirm at the earliest
            with the topic you want to speak on.

            If we could have volunteers who can coordinate the meet on Sunday
            and help in writing the agenda (most of it has already been written
            by Arun), it would be great.

            --
            Cheers
            Thejaswi Puthraya
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 25, 2008
              Hey Theju,

              > I doubt if I will be able to make it to the meet this month as I am
              > tied down with some personal work. I would like to thank Arun for
              > voulunteering to speak. If people are prepared to have a meet, I
              > will contact the incharge in OU (Mr. Hasan) to setup the auditorium
              > for us this sunday and also post the agenda on the website.
              Fooey, I hoped to meet you. Perhaps a later time (or the GSoC B'lore
              meetup)...

              > Regarding the details, you'll be provided
              > - an LCD projector
              > - an internet connection
              > - blackboard
              > - a laptop (only if required, since your talk involves GTK, I
              > recommend you get your own because you might want to give a demo).
              Hmm... I don't have a laptop. I was planning to bring in my slides and
              stuff on a thumb drive. All I need is a system with gtk-devel packages
              (and preferably ipython). If that's not on the system, I'll steal my
              brother's laptop ;-).

              > The meet usually starts at 2:30pm and goes on for about 2 hours. So
              > you are free to utilize the total time unless we get another speaker.
              Ok, cool.

              > I hope those details were sufficient. Kindly confirm at the earliest
              > with the topic you want to speak on.
              You haven't really mentioned much about what people would be comfortable
              with, but I'm going to go ahead with the Introduction to GNOME
              development talk...

              > If we could have volunteers who can coordinate the meet on Sunday
              > and help in writing the agenda (most of it has already been written
              > by Arun), it would be great.
              I'd like to help, if you can tell me what I might be able to do...

              Cheers,

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 28, 2008
                Hey,
                I'd like to confirm tommorows meeting, since I haven't seen any
                follow-up mail.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 28, 2008
                  --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, Arun Tejasvi Chaganty
                  <arunchaganty@...> wrote:

                  > Hey,
                  > I'd like to confirm tommorows meeting, since I haven't seen any
                  > follow-up mail.

                  Extremely sorry to disappoint you and others but I guess this month's
                  meet is called off.

                  Hopefully, such a thing doesn't repeat in the future.

                  --
                  Cheers
                  Thejaswi Puthraya
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 28, 2008
                    Hey,

                    > Extremely sorry to disappoint you and others but I guess this month's
                    > meet is called off.
                    >
                    > Hopefully, such a thing doesn't repeat in the future.

                    Oh well, no love lost. I'd still like to attend atleast 1 TwinClinG meet
                    before I leave for Chennai (~24th July), to meet everyone here. Could we
                    perhaps prepone next months meet from 27th to say the 20th?

                    Cheers!

                    --
                    Arun Tejasvi Chaganty (vimzard)
                    GNOME GSoC Student
                    Blog: http://arunchaganty.wordpress.com

                  • srikrishna das
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008
                      Sorry I couldn't get pavi's number in khammam.

                      I guess I should have seen the call for volunteer mail earlier. Too bad on my part.