Re: [TwinCLinG] Re: [Commercial] Chennai Opportunity

  • Prashanth
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 8, 2008
      Hi

      On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Binand Sethumadhavan <binand@...> wrote:

      > And for those don't use /etc/passwd (like LDAP users)? Maybe:
      >
      > $(getent passwd `whoami` | cut -d: -f5)

      instead of making a wild guess we can ping the guy who posted this
      message(thejaswi send you friend a mail i tried but there was some
      delivery problem)

      --
      regards,

      Prashanth
      http://munichlinux.blogspot.com
    • Kenneth Gonsalves
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 8, 2008
        On 08-Apr-08, at 12:30 PM, Prashanth wrote:

        > On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Binand Sethumadhavan
        > <binand@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> And for those don't use /etc/passwd (like LDAP users)? Maybe:
        >>
        >> $(getent passwd `whoami` | cut -d: -f5)
        >>

        > instead of making a wild guess we can ping the guy who posted this
        > message(thejaswi send you friend a mail i tried but there was some
        > delivery problem)

        the guy has a PhD in computer science and posted this with an
        intentional typo to separate the sheep from the goats

        /me is a goat

        kg
        http://lawgon.livejournal.com
        http://nrcfosshelpline.in/code/
      • Balaji Narayanan
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 13, 2008
          Kenneth Gonsalves said the following on Tuesday 08 April 2008 01:05 PM:
          > On 08-Apr-08, at 12:30 PM, Prashanth wrote:
          >
          >> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Binand Sethumadhavan
          >> <binand@...> wrote:
          >>> And for those don't use /etc/passwd (like LDAP users)? Maybe:
          >>>
          >>> $(getent passwd `whoami` | cut -d: -f5)
          >>>
          >> instead of making a wild guess we can ping the guy who posted this
          >> message(thejaswi send you friend a mail i tried but there was some
          >> delivery problem)
          >
          > the guy has a PhD in computer science and posted this with an
          > intentional typo to separate the sheep from the goats
          >
          > /me is a goat

          hehe! i wonder how many actually read that?

          -b-

          --
          http://balajin.net/blog
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/balajijegan/

          Getting there is only half as far as getting there and back.