Microsoft exchange mail to web archive on linux

  • Jayan
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 15, 2006
      (I am not sure if this is off topic. Since the solution must be on linux, it
      may qualify as normal topic.)

      We use Microsoft exchange as mail server, Clearquest as bug tracking, There
      no real integration between all these tools.

      To improve communication among multiple sites, here is what I am looking for

      0) Setup a mail account, that is part of specific project email aliases. A
      mail sent to this account is published in an intranet web site.

      1) A mail client that can fetch these mails from Microsoft Exchange server.

      2) Solution that dumps these mails to html. The attachments in the mails are
      in MS Document formast(Excel/Word etc).
      (I hope I can use WV here to parse )

      3) A solution that searches Clearquest and dumps e-mail(free Perl scripts
      readily available from rational)

      Any body has done similar work? As you see I am stuck in getting step 0 and 1.
      All above should work on a linux box.

      Thanks
      Jayan
    • prashanth
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 18, 2006
        On 11/16/06, Jayan <jayanmn@...> wrote:

        > 0) Setup a mail account, that is part of specific project email aliases. A
        > mail sent to this account is published in an intranet web site.

        ya it is possible, /etc/aliases go there and u can route ur mail to
        the net or to the particular mail id u want. usage root : ??? the mail
        that come to root will also be routed to ???..

        > 1) A mail client that can fetch these mails from Microsoft Exchange server.

        there is a mail client that come with recent mozilla, u can also use evolution.

        > 2) Solution that dumps these mails to html. The attachments in the mails are
        > in MS Document formast(Excel/Word etc).
        > (I hope I can use WV here to parse )

        u mean to say that all docs u want in html formate?

        --
        |Prashanth|
        |B.Tech|
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 18, 2006
          Jayan wrote:
          > 1) A mail client that can fetch these mails from Microsoft Exchange server.

          Install a pop3/imap connector for exchange. You can fetch the email
          using fetchmail or getmail, and then use apache's mod_mbox module
          (http://httpd.apache.org/mod_mbox/)

          srs
        • Binand Sethumadhavan
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 19, 2006
            On 16/11/06, Jayan <jayanmn@...> wrote:
            > 0) Setup a mail account, that is part of specific project email aliases. A
            > mail sent to this account is published in an intranet web site.
            >
            > 1) A mail client that can fetch these mails from Microsoft Exchange server.
            >
            > 2) Solution that dumps these mails to html. The attachments in the mails are
            > in MS Document formast(Excel/Word etc).

            Why do you want to do any of these? Exchange has a concept of Shared
            Folders which is meant for this kind of use.

            Binand
          • Jayanarayanan
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 24, 2006
              --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, "Binand Sethumadhavan" <binand@...> wrote:

              > On 16/11/06, Jayan <jayanmn@...> wrote:
              > > 0) Setup a mail account, that is part of specific project email
              aliases. A
              > > mail sent to this account is published in an intranet web site.
              > >
              > > 1) A mail client that can fetch these mails from Microsoft
              Exchange server.

              > > 2) Solution that dumps these mails to html. The attachments in
              the mails are
              > > in MS Document formast(Excel/Word etc).
              >
              > Why do you want to do any of these? Exchange has a concept of Shared
              > Folders which is meant for this kind of use.

              The group will be bombarded with many big mails, documents. IT said,
              they cannot allocate too much of space there.

              (I am going try solution mentioned by SRS.)
              -Jayan