help regarding multi level indices implementation in C language

  • hrudayanath kommareddy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2006
      hi all,
      can anybody help me in building a persistent multilevel index using
      disk blocks in C language...
      i e to manipulate disk block directly and add pointers (ie LBA) in the
      top level disk blocks ..
      any help is appreciated
      any implementation code can be forwarded to my mail box.

      thanks in advance.

      ur's
      hrudayanath kommareddy
    • CK Kashyap
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2006
        I am not clear on the scope of your question here -
        If it is direct accessing of disk blocks, then you can
        easily do that on linux by simply "open"ing the right
        block device and "read"ing from it - /dev/hd{xx} (for
        IDE disks. It will be /dev/sdxx in case of SCSI
        disks).

        You would need to be root and you might wanna create a
        partition for your experimentation and not use any of
        the exisiting ones.

        regards,
        Kashyap

        --- hrudayanath kommareddy <hrudayanadh@...>