[Commercial]Sneak Peek Into LINUX For You (Aug 06)

  • Niraj Sahay
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2006
      Dear Readers,

      First off, let me thank our readers for the tremendous response to the
      July 2006 issue and the Debian 3.1 DVD bundled with it.

      Encouraged by the kind of response that our DVDs are generating every
      month, we have bundled yet another great distro with the August issue
      - Knoppix 5.0.1. A true marvel of German engineering, Knoppix 5.0.1 is
      simply brilliant. One of the most popular live Linux distros
      available, its versatile nature has made it the distro of choice for
      many users around the world.

      On the editorial front, we have an interview with the technology head
      of Naukri.com - Vibhore Sharma - who describes the extent of Linux
      usage in their ever increasing IT setup. Also, in our trends section,
      we take a look at the extent of Linux usage in educational institutions.

      The topic for CommunitySpeak this month is "What would make a Windows
      user pick up a Linux magazine?" and "What would make a Windows user
      adopt Linux instead?" Also, in the 'Down Memory Lane' series, we look
      at the history of Knoppix.

      For Techies
      * Connecting Evolution To MS Exchange
      * Linux Scheduling (Part II)
      * VMware Player - Introducing Linux Into The Enterprise
      * Developing P2P Protocols Across NAT
      * PHP Development on Eclipse
      * Setting Up a Discussion Forum in Linux

      For U & Me
      * Linux in Educational Institutions - A Bitter-Sweet Symphony
      * Mobile Phones - The Embedded Linux Challenge
      * Laser Printers that Work on Linux

      For Newbies
      * Google Office - A Rent-free, Anytime, Anywhere Office
      * Knoppix 5.0.1 - Ausgezeichnet
      * Lord Of The Code

      For BizUsers
      * SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 - A Winner All the Way
      * SpikeSource - Making OSS Ready For Business

      The LFY CDs

      LFY DVD - Knoppix 5.0.1

      A true marvel of German engineering, Knoppix 5.0.1 is simply
      brilliant. One of the most popular live Linux distros available, its
      versatile nature has made it the distro of choice for many users
      around the world.

      LFY CD #2 - The Ultimate Software for Businesses

      * ERP Tools: Compiere ERP + CRM Business Solution, opentaps Open
      Source ERP+CRM, Openbravo ERP, Neogia, webERP accounting, Samooha --
      Empowered Business Networks, Tiny ERP
      * Power users: Debian 3.1 Sarge Custom Installer, h-inventory,
      Sysstat, Netwox, Host Grapher II, CaLStats
      * Newbies: Vile, LilyPond, Rubrica, Xchat
      * Developers: Spring Framework, PHPFIT, XennoBB 2.0.1, PIDA, Xwpe
      * Games: Gorky 17 Demo, Quetoo

      Our effort is in your hands now. We hope you cherish reading the issue.

      WHERE TO GET YOUR COPY?
      Problems getting a copy of LFY? Feel free to reach out to our
      distributors (IBH) listed below:
      # Ahmedabad - Mr. S. K. Sharma (079-26577068)
      # Bangalore - Mr. Devaru Bhatt (080-22261305, 080-22252385)
      # Chennai - Mr. Vijay Rengan (044-28273893)
      # Hyderabad - Mr. Ramesh Rajgopal (040-27564945, 040-27561140)
      # Kolkata - Mr. Mehta (033-22498096/97)
      # Mumbai - Mr. Indur Vaswani (022-24943707)
      # New Delhi - Mr. P. K. Das (011-23313014/15)
      # Pune - Mr. Ashok Basant (020-26131261)
      # Trivandrum - Mr. Hari Kumar (0471-2475443)

      HOW TO SUBSCRIBE OR COMPLAIN?
      Go to our website www.lfymag.com OR email at support@... OR
      call at 011-26810601/02/03

      Warm Regards!