Re: [TwinCLinG] Help me : problem installing yahoo messenger

  • kalyan
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi,

      Yahoo messenger has some files in the home directory of urs. Try
      to backup those files and delete that directory. That directory will
      be in invisible mode so enable hidden files(so that u can actually see
      that folder in ur home directory).

      I dont remember exactly but this happens when u give no saving
      of username and password(not sure worked long back with yahoo
      messenger as i use gaim now). If this doesnt solve do infor me i ll
      figure out what actually is the fault.

      Regards,
      Chakri

      -- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, sreeramulu konjeti <sreeramat81@y...>
      wrote:

      > hi,
      > Installing fresh rmp
      >
      > if u r using rpm package first try to remove rpm package from u
      r rpm database
      > use this command
      > rpm -qa | grep yahoomessanger or yahoo(ie u r rpm file name)
      >
      > after it will show the rpm package name then use this command
      >
      > rpm -evv <rpm filename>
      >
      > and then use
      >
      > rpm -Uvh <yahoo rpm>
      >
      > or if u want to overwrite rpm file use this command
      >
      > rpm -Uvh --force --oldpackage <yahoo rpm package>
      >

      > P Sunitha <pvr_liveinlinux@y...> wrote:
      > hi everybody,
      >
      > i have installed yahoomessenger previously and worked
      > correctly.
      > some time back i lost some files in /opt/ymessenger
      >
      > so that i tried to erase first and then started
      > installation again..
      >
      > when ever im installing it is giving message that it
      > is already installed.
      >
      > if i execute ymessenger...it is giving segmentation
      > error..even in su mode.
      >
      > Giving segmentation error
      >
      > I want to install yahoomessenger freshly..
      >
      > What should i do..
      >

      > plZZZZZZ
      > Help me in this regard
      >

      > thanks for ur help..