Re: [TwinCLinG] Digest Number 1947

  • prasad p
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
      Thanks Bharathi Subramanyain,

      Please send us one command daily or tell us any website which we can do that daily. So that we will be very much perfect in administrative commands.
      Thanks
      PrasadPVVSV

      ilughyd@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. One Day One GNU/Linux Command (HDPARM)
      From: Bharathi Subramanian

      Message: 1
      Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:27:29 +0530 (IST)
      From: Bharathi Subramanian
      Subject: One Day One GNU/Linux Command (HDPARM)

      Richard W Stevens author of UNIX Networking Programming and
      TCP/IP Illustrated Book series. URL: http://www.kohala.com/

      One Day One Command
      ===================

      hdparm -- Get/Set Hard Disk Parameters.

      hdparm provides a command line interface to various hard disk ioctls
      supported by the stock Linux ATA/IDE device driver subsystem.

      You *MUST* read the man page completely, if you want to do anything
      else, apart from this examples.

      Examples:

      $ hdparm -i /dev/hda -- Display the identification info that was
      obtained from the drive at boot time.

      $ hdparm -I /dev/hda -- Request identification info directly from the
      drive and display in a new expanded format.

      Read: man hdparm

      HTH :)
      --
      Bharathi S
      ODOC LJ -- http://www.livejournal.com/community/ilugc/

      WARNING: Cross Posted. Don't blindly reply.

    • prasad p

        From: Bharathi Subramanian

        Message: 1
        Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:27:29 +0530 (IST)
        From: Bharathi Subramanian

[...]

      • Bharathi Subramanian
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
          On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, prasad p wrote:

          > tell us any website which we can do that daily.

          ODOC LJ -- http://www.livejournal.com/community/ilugc/

          > So that we will be very much perfect in administrative commands.

          ODOC is only an intro to newbie. This will NOT make you an expert. To
          become an expert, you have to practice a lot in machine.

          Bye :)
          --
          Bharathi S
        • suman
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
            prasad p wrote:

            >Thanks Bharathi Subramanyain,
            >
            >Please send us one command daily or tell us any website which we can do that daily. So that we will be very much perfect in administrative commands.
            >Thanks
            >PrasadPVVSV
            >
            >ilughyd@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            Hi Prasad,

            Please use an appropriate Subject in your mail.

            -Suman
          • Nikhil Mulley
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
              U suggest to go with ugu tips for daily , though they may not make you
              expert, but are enough to make you smart infront of your boss ;)

              --
              Nikhil

              Google is Great !