how to install ttf fonts on redhat

  • n_pavankumar
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 8 1:35 AM
      hi friends,
      i also have another issue.
      i want to install a font on Redhat Enterprise Linux 3.
      my requierment is that i need to get some contents
      on mozilla for which i need that font to be installed.

      so plz help by guiding the procedure

      Pavan Kumar
      Associate ( WIPRO )
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 8 1:37 AM
        n_pavankumar wrote:
        > hi friends,
        > i also have another issue.
        > i want to install a font on Redhat Enterprise Linux 3.
        > my requierment is that i need to get some contents
        > on mozilla for which i need that font to be installed.
        >
        > so plz help by guiding the procedure

        plz help by searching the google first
      • Sunil Choudhary
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 8 4:32 AM
          Hi Folks,

          I have a 512 RAM system on which the RHEL 3.0 was working perfectly.

          Recently I added an 512 RAM more this time it seems there is some corruption
          and it can not identify the /home label

          df -k also does not give me this mount point.
          Is there something very very wrong.. or it can be cured.

          I have removed my 512 MB extra RAM but still its not able to find the /home
          mount point. it asks to run fsck. and then complains about /home

          ANyone have any idea

          1) If I am having this because I added more RAM. after doing the install.
          (What is the right procedure then to add RAM .. I tried to find in the net..
          about it but No luck .. as yet.)

          2) if this is unrelated to the RAM addition then .. how can we correct this
          issue ..

          ANy help in this regard very much appreciated

          THanks
          SUnil CHoudhary

          Does it create any

        • atul_negi
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 8 12:30 PM
            --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, Sunil Choudhary <sunil.choudhary@g...>
            wrote:
            > Hi Folks,
            >

            > I have a 512 RAM system on which the RHEL 3.0 was working perfectly.
            >
            > Recently I added an 512 RAM more this time it seems there is some
            corruption
            > and it can not identify the /home label

            The problem you describe does not seem to have anything to do
            with the RAM but everything to do with the filesystem

            Pick up your rescue disk, boot with it and do the fsck on
            what was your home partition.

            From google find more about how to do fsck (file system check)

            > df -k also does not give me this mount point.
            > Is there something very very wrong.. or it can be cured.
            >
            > I have removed my 512 MB extra RAM but still its not able to find
            the /home
            > mount point. it asks to run fsck. and then complains about /home
            >
            > ANyone have any idea
            >
            > 1) If I am having this because I added more RAM. after doing the
            install.
            > (What is the right procedure then to add RAM .. I tried to find in
            the net..
            > about it but No luck .. as yet.)
          • atul_negi
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 8 1:05 PM
              > n_pavankumar wrote:
              > > hi friends,
              > > i also have another issue.
              > > i want to install a font on Redhat Enterprise Linux 3.
              > > my requierment is that i need to get some contents
              > > on mozilla for which i need that font to be installed.
              > >
              > > so plz help by guiding the procedure
              >
              > plz help by searching the google first

              As requested I is giving some help from the google:

              1. You needs to know more about ttf fonts and linux
              look at this: http://www.kalamazoolinux.org/presentations/19991116/
              also somewhat redundant but more direct
              http://www.hackorama.com/fonts.shtml

              2. As for your other question what's UDMA got to do with it?
              But why dont you look up the Toshiba model in this link
              http://tuxmobil.org/toshiba.htm
            • charan y
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 10 12:12 AM
                -hey,
                i know suman. i think this is his group. i just
                wanteed to know where you guys hold your meetings now
                and when you have them and what you discuss. i was at
                progsnet but never been to ilug so please reply.
                thanking you,
                charan.

                http://auctions.yahoo.com/