help on TV tuner card

  • Bhaskar Mallapragada
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 11, 2004
      Hi
      Aditya , Yours is a bt878 based chipset where as mine is saa7134

      Any way thanks a lot.
    • Bhaskar Mallapragada
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 11, 2004
        No man i use icewm

        On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 17:01, Aditya wrote:
        > Sorry,
        > But are you using KDE by any chance?

      • Bhaskar Mallapragada
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 11, 2004
          I use both and also mplayer too :)
          It works perfectly fine in windows
        • Aditya
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 7, 2004

            > Is you card same as mine .Login as root and type " lsmod " .This would
            > give a big list of all modules loaded, see if u have some thing called
            > saa7134 in it and send the list . Next type dmesg and check the part
            > corresponding to saa7134 and send the lines containing "audio" .

            I do not find saa7134 in the output. So it may not be helpful to you
            anyway, this is the output of lsmod.

            Module Size Used by
            snd_pcm_oss 48168 0
            snd_mixer_oss 16640 1 snd_pcm_oss
            nls_cp437 6016 1
            isofs 33976 1
            ipv6 229764 8
            lp 10408 0
            8139cp 19072 0
            snd_bt87x 13640 0
            btaudio 16400 0
            bt878 11188 0
            tuner 18320 0
            tda9887 12036 0
            bttv 143052 1 bt878
            video_buf 20356 1 bttv
            i2c_algo_bit 8968 1 bttv
            v4l2_common 6400 1 bttv
            btcx_risc 4744 1 bttv
            i2c_core 22416 4 tuner,tda9887,bttv,i2c_algo_bit
            videodev 9856 1 bttv
            ehci_hcd 27908 0
            tsdev 7168 0
            mousedev 9996 1
            joydev 9536 0
            usbhid 28864 0
            ohci_hcd 19460 0
            usbcore 104164 5 ehci_hcd,usbhid,ohci_hcd
            snd_intel8x0 33068 0
            snd_ac97_codec 59268 1 snd_intel8x0
            snd_pcm 85384 3 snd_pcm_oss,snd_bt87x,snd_intel8x0
            snd_timer 23172 1 snd_pcm
            snd_page_alloc 11144 3 snd_bt87x,snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm
            snd_mpu401_uart 7296 1 snd_intel8x0
            snd_rawmidi 23204 1 snd_mpu401_uart
            snd_seq_device 7944 1 snd_rawmidi
            snd 50660 10
            snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_bt87x,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device
            pci_hotplug 30640 0
            sis_agp 8068 1
            agpgart 31784 1 sis_agp
            analog 10784 0
            gameport 4736 2 snd_intel8x0,analog
            parport_pc 31936 1
            parport 37320 2 lp,parport_pc
            floppy 54992 0
            pcspkr 3816 0
            rtc 12088 0
            evdev 9088 0
            i810_audio 33300 1
            ac97_codec 16908 1 i810_audio
            soundcore 9824 5 btaudio,bttv,snd,i810_audio
            8139too 23936 0
            mii 4864 2 8139cp,8139too
            crc32 4608 2 8139cp,8139too
            capability 4872 0
            commoncap 7168 1 capability
            ide_cd 38176 1
            cdrom 35740 1 ide_cd
            ext3 109544 3
            jbd 54552 1 ext3
            ide_generic 1664 0
            sis5513 15240 1
            ide_disk 16768 5
            ide_core 125156 4 ide_cd,ide_generic,sis5513,ide_disk
            unix 25908 463
            font 8576 0
            vesafb 6688 0
            cfbcopyarea 3840 1 vesafb
            cfbimgblt 3200 1 vesafb
            cfbfillrect 3712 1 vesafb

            Will send the output of dmesg in the next mail.
            Aditya Pratap V.
          • Aditya
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 7, 2004
              > Is you card same as mine .Login as root and type " lsmod " .This would
              > give a big list of all modules loaded, see if u have some thing called
              > saa7134 in it and send the list . Next type dmesg and check the part
              > corresponding to saa7134 and send the lines containing "audio" .
              > If some thing is not clear i will tell u again

              This is the output of #dmesg | grep audio

              i810_audio: Audio Controller supports 6 channels.
              i810_audio: Defaulting to base 2 channel mode.
              i810_audio: Resetting connection 0
              i810_audio: only 48Khz playback available.
              i810_audio: AC'97 codec 0 Unable to map surround DAC's (or DAC's not
              present), total channels = 2
              btaudio: driver version 0.7 loaded [digital+analog]
            • Aditya
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 7, 2004

                --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, Bhaskar Mallapragada <mbhaskar@g...>
                wrote:
                > Hi
                > Aditya , Yours is a bt878 based chipset where as mine is saa7134
                >
                > Any way thanks a lot.
              • Aditya
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 7, 2004
                  wrote: