Re: [TwinCLinG] Is LDAP replacement for Active Directory Service

  • S.Kiran
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2004
      --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, suman <mansu@g...> wrote:
      > S.Kiran wrote:
      >
      > >Can anyone suggest me that is LDAP a perfect replacement for
      Active
      > >Directory Services (ADS)of Windows 2000. Bcoz in my office we have
      > >windows 2000 server which is running the ADS. but now i want to
      > >introduce a linux box removing the windows2000 OS. So i want to
      know
      > >is LDAP service is the perfect replacement for ADS.
      > >
      > >If yes anyone please help me by sending the procedure for
      configuring
      > >of LDAP on red hat 9.
      > >
      > >Will be waiting for the reply
      > >

      > Hi ,
      > http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;66122072;fp;2;fpid;37
      > http://www.google.com/linux?
      num=20&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=LDAP+and+Active+Directory+services&btnG=Go
      ogle+Search

      > Did u try google.com/linux?

      Hi Suman,

      I have already tried in google.com/linux and came up with a vague
      thought that LDAP is a sort of substitute for ADS service. But I am
      still not clear how to configure LDAP server. Can u plz help me out
      in this situation.

      Thanks
      Kiran

      > -Suman
    • Ram Vijapurapu
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2004
        Which ever suits your requirement!

        http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/LDAP-HOWTO.html
        http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/Apache-WebDAV-LDAP-HOWTO.html

        Ram.

        On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 05:36:02 -0000, S.Kiran <kiran_6_24@...> wrote:

        > --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, suman <mansu@g...> wrote:
        > > S.Kiran wrote:
        > >
        > > >Can anyone suggest me that is LDAP a perfect replacement for
        > Active
        > > >Directory Services (ADS)of Windows 2000. Bcoz in my office we have
        > > >windows 2000 server which is running the ADS. but now i want to
        > > >introduce a linux box removing the windows2000 OS. So i want to
        > know
        > > >is LDAP service is the perfect replacement for ADS.
        > > >
        > > >If yes anyone please help me by sending the procedure for
        > configuring
        > > >of LDAP on red hat 9.
        > > >
        > > >Will be waiting for the reply
        > > >

        > > Hi ,
        > > http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;66122072;fp;2;fpid;37
        > > http://www.google.com/linux?
        > num=20&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=LDAP+and+Active+Directory+services&btnG=Go
        > ogle+Search
        > >
        > > Did u try google.com/linux?
        >
        > Hi Suman,
        >
        > I have already tried in google.com/linux and came up with a vague
        > thought that LDAP is a sort of substitute for ADS service. But I am
        > still not clear how to configure LDAP server. Can u plz help me out
        > in this situation.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Kiran
        >

        > > -Suman