Re: [TwinCLinG] compile RH9 kernel

  • Ram Vijapurapu
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2004
      homerlinuxsimpson wrote:

      >hello
      >
      > iam thinking of compiling my kernel, the problem is that i never
      >compiled one before....
      >
      >could anyone send me some links on how to compile a RH9 kernel...
      >
      >has anyone sucessfully compiled a RH9 kernel or any other????????
      >
      >thanks in advance
      >homer

      Before compiling the kernel, I would advice you to understand the
      hardware of your machine well. Be very careful about what you want to
      load as a module and which ones you would want to have as part of the
      kernel.

      Make sure before you click on something, you know what exactly it does.
      Clicking on the help button should give you a grasp of what the module
      or the driver does.

      Dont make mistakes like not selecting IDE and other resources which are
      needed by the kernel at the start up.

      Just my 2c of advice, rest, I would highly recommend reading up the
      Kernel Compilation Howto.

      Regards,

      Ram.