Re: [TwinCLinG] Friends can we all conduct the freedom software day in our communities

  • Kishore Balla
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 4, 2004
      count me in....

      this would be a great idea...

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Srinivas Gourishetty <successlieswithme@...>
      Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 15:08:59 +0530
      Subject: Re: [TwinCLinG] Friends can we all conduct the freedom
      software day in our communities
      To: ilughyd@yahoogroups.com

      me too interested in it,

      im from hyd, but me too want to participate in it :)

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 5, 2004
        On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 22:07:49 -0700 (PDT), Toufeeq <topa_007@...> wrote:

        > > Last I saw it, this is a linux group, not a GNU /
        > > FSF group.
        >
        > Hows that different?
        > I may be not be using the "GNU/Linux" nomenclature but
        > I think GNU Software is an essential part of any Linux
        > Distro.

        In my mind, Linux is about technology and GNU/Linux is about politics.
        This is a technology discussion group and not a political one. Its
        other activities should also be based on this underlying principle.

        Binand
      • kishore kumar
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 6, 2004
          hi ,
          this is kishore i said that we are forming a team in hyderabad it does not mean that secunderabad is not part of it that is why we have our lug community as twin lug ..

          and i have of no idea of dividing it according to my premise i have taken it with the same thought ...

          it is neither hyderabad centered nor secunderabad centered..

          the actual plan of software freedomday team(india) is to do things in the capital city of each and every state...

          thank u

          regards,
          kishore.

          vikramadity reddy <vikramaditya89@...> wrote:Hello,

          I agree totally for what you have said but the event which we conduct can be planned and co-ordinated by us and it would be good to have some linux stuff in too.

          Thats the reason why I was looking to team up with people like you to get together and do something about that.

          This would be really great if we make it a good one rather than a best one.

          bye waiting for your reply.

          -Vikramaditya.

          Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh@...> wrote:
          vikramadity reddy wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I was thinking why dont we conduct a freedom software day in the secunderabad region.

          Last I saw it, this is a linux group, not a GNU / FSF group.

          Showcasing free software and linux is good .. but as long as it doesnt
          get sidelined by ideology / propoganda / philosophy / whatever (some
          people call it advocacy ...).

          srs

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 6, 2004
            hi vikram aditya,
            this is kishore i said that we are forming a team in hyderabad it does not mean that secunderabad is not part of it that is why we have our lug community as twin lug ..

            and i have of no idea of dividing it according to my premise i have taken it with the same thought ...

            it is neither hyderabad centered nor secunderabad centered..

            the actual plan of software freedomday team(india) is to do things in the capital city of each and every state...

            thank u

            regards,
            kishore.

            vikramadity reddy <vikramaditya89@...> wrote:Hello,

            I was thinking why dont we conduct a freedom software day in the secunderabad region.
            As Hyderabad would be one and secunderabad be another.
            Friends why dont we team up and conduct the software freedom day in secunderabad.
            We can come up with plans regarding the venue and how we are gona conduct it.
            So I would like to request all the people in and around secunderabad to come up with there plans and would put all our ideas together and locate a common venue and would make that a success.
            Friends I am waiting for your reply.
            Mail me soon.
            With Regards,
            Vikramaditya.

            Next Meeting as on our Website: http://ilug-hyd.org.in

          • vikramadity reddy
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 7, 2004
              Hello,

              we are not dividing this so lets have the celebrations on the same place at our lug meet in hyderabad is that ok.

              If the Lug moderator has no issues then we can have a go.

              Thanks.
              Regards,
              Vikramaditya.

              hi vikram aditya,