experienced privtae xcolormap prob?

  • gowri ganesan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
      Hi friends!!
      I have a problem in installing private
      xcolormaps using Xlib calls. Once the private colormap
      is installed, other applications show strange colors.
      I am using Red hat linux 7.3. Do any one of u
      experienced like this?

      Reagrds,
      gowri

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/
    • vijay kumar
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 11, 2004
        hi ganeshan,
        i understand ur question, first boot with windows , form windows goto command prompt in that type it fdisk in that select active partition as windows partition means "c". and after that restart the system .
        or
        boot the bootable floppy and do it same thing as above.

        i think it will works

        with regards
        vijay

        gowri ganesan <gowri_ganesan2002@...> wrote:
        Hi friends!!
        i had installed both linux and windows in
        my home pc. then, i removed linux partitions using
        windows disk manager. but the problem is even now
        every time when the system is booted, i get the
        options of selecting windows/linux (linux is not
        available).
        can any one of u tell me how to tackle
        this problem?

        http://messenger.yahoo.com/

      • Yasaswi Srinivas Mallampalli
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 21, 2004
          gowri ganesan <gowri_ganesan2002@...> wrote:
          Hi friends!! i had installed both linux and windows in my home pc. then, i removed linux partitions using windows disk manager. but the problem is even now every time when the system is booted, i get the options of selecting windows/linux (linux is not

          Hello Gowri Ganesan
          What you need to do is to BOOT from a Windows Bootable CD or Floppy and then type in the command " fdisk/mbr" at the prompt and then type in the command "SYS C:" .
          The command "fdisk/mbr" restores the Master Boot Record ( MBR ) and then the "SYS C:" command tells the Windows OS , that the Boot Specific Files are in C: .
          This is an easier approach and hope you got it .
          Bye
          Yasaswi Srinivas .,