Re: [TwinCLinG] help!!

  • Viswanadhan Naidu
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2004
      Hi,

      first boot into dos mode and use "fdisk /mbr", mostly this works.

      =====
      Regards,

      Viswanadhan Naidu,
      Hyderabad,
      +91-0-9849149568.

    • gowri ganesan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1 3:35 AM
        Hi friends!!
        I have a problem in installing private
        xcolormaps using Xlib calls. Once the private colormap
        is installed, other applications show strange colors.
        I am using Red hat linux 7.3. Do any one of u
        experienced like this?

        Reagrds,
        gowri

        http://messenger.yahoo.com/
      • vijay kumar
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 11 5:04 AM
          hi ganeshan,
          i understand ur question, first boot with windows , form windows goto command prompt in that type it fdisk in that select active partition as windows partition means "c". and after that restart the system .
          or
          boot the bootable floppy and do it same thing as above.

          i think it will works

          with regards
          vijay

          gowri ganesan <gowri_ganesan2002@...> wrote:
          Hi friends!!
          i had installed both linux and windows in
          my home pc. then, i removed linux partitions using
          windows disk manager. but the problem is even now
          every time when the system is booted, i get the
          options of selecting windows/linux (linux is not
          available).
          can any one of u tell me how to tackle
          this problem?

          http://messenger.yahoo.com/

        • Yasaswi Srinivas Mallampalli
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 21 6:25 AM
            gowri ganesan <gowri_ganesan2002@...> wrote:
            Hi friends!! i had installed both linux and windows in my home pc. then, i removed linux partitions using windows disk manager. but the problem is even now every time when the system is booted, i get the options of selecting windows/linux (linux is not

            Hello Gowri Ganesan
            What you need to do is to BOOT from a Windows Bootable CD or Floppy and then type in the command " fdisk/mbr" at the prompt and then type in the command "SYS C:" .
            The command "fdisk/mbr" restores the Master Boot Record ( MBR ) and then the "SYS C:" command tells the Windows OS , that the Boot Specific Files are in C: .
            This is an easier approach and hope you got it .
            Bye
            Yasaswi Srinivas .,