Urgent Help required on FWbuilder firerwalll .

  • priyank@tatatechnologies.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2004
      HI Everyone,

      I have recently installed Fwbuilder Linux Firewall ...till few
      hours back it was working fine ...due to some maintenanace work I had toi
      power oof the Linux firewall for sometime ..after reboot my linux firewall
      doesn't work ....do help me plzzzzzz ..its a live firewall ..

      Thanking you all in anticipation ...

      Best Regards

      Priyank Gaddala
      Network Support Group
      Ph No : +91-020-4119001
      Tata Technologies Ltd

      Email Disclaimer:
      Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential,proprietary, and legally privileged data of Tata Technologies that is intended for use only by the addressee.If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.You are requested to delete this e-mail immediately and notify the originator.Any views expressed by an individual do not necessarily reflect the view of Tata Technologies.While this e-mail has been checked for all known viruses, the addressee should also scan for viruses.Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete.Tata Technologies does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.To know more about Tata Technologiesplease visit http://www.tatatechnologies.com
    • PhaniKumar
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2004
        OK Priyank...

        FWBuilder is a GUI script to buiod the firewall script .If u r using
        iptables i.e. default with Linux and u wanna store the firewall rules.

        After confguring ur live firewall dont forget to save them

        Just run
        #iptables-save > <filename>
        On systrem restart write a shell script which will restore the firewall

        #iptables-restore < <filename>

        If u r running RedHat there is also a better way to do this..
        U say

        #service iptables save

        This will save the firewall rules and restore them on boot-up