filesystem prob. in re-compiled kernel

  • rajesh reddy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2004
      hi all,
      can anyone please tell me how one can know whether /
      fs is mounted as ext3 or ext2
      i am asking this because i got the following message
      while booting
      #------------------
      ds: no socket drivers loaded!
      EXT2-fs warning (device ide0(3,6)): ext2_read_super:
      mounting ext3 filesystem as ext2

      Freeing unused kernel memory: 96k freed
      Real Time Clock Driver v1.10e
      Adding Swap: 257000k swap-space (priority -1)
      Journalled Block Device driver loaded
      kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
      EXT3 FS 2.4-0.9.19, 19 August 2002 on ide0(3,9),
      internal journal

      #----------------------

      my root fs is /dev/hda6

      while configuring the kernel i selected 'yes' for ext2
      and 'module' for ext3

      and if / is indeed mounted as ext2 then what should i
      do to get it mounted as ext3.

      although mount command tells that it is ext3 "i want
      to be absolutely sure".

      and also what's that "ds:no socket drivers loaded!"
      line

      thanks in anticipation