Re: [TwinCLinG] kernel compiling

  • jyothi b
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3 4:00 AM
      u have to run mkinitrd in order to get the initrd image

      gc <chandan820@...> wrote:hi ppl,

      i got the source of the new kernel 2.6 downloaded and
      compiled .. the problem is that i got the compressed
      image as bzimage.. and then the initrd has to be added
      to get my kernel booting form the lilo or grub..

      my question exactly is where can i find the new initrd
      file of the new kernel compiled and then help me if
      anything else is needed to be done..

      regards,
      gc.

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

      Next Meeting 27th March 2004 5:30 PM
      Virtusa India P Ltd. 3rd Floor Lifestlye Building, Begumpet.
      Our Website: http://ilug-hyd.org.in

      Win an evening with the Indian cricket captain: Yahoo! India Promos.

    • gc
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 6 7:24 AM
        hi all,

        thanks a lot for all the help .. but The question was
        a mistake.. I was confused and was in a hurry.. thats
        all...
        once again thanks to all the people...
        remaining ppl.. please forget about that question.. I
        am sound and happy with all my kernel things..
        thanks
        regards,
        gc.