Re: [TwinCLinG] [OT] bounced mails

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6, 2004
      Yoganandam Goteti [2/6/2004 6:03 PM] :

      > Hi Suman,
      > It has nothing to do with your mail client. I am also in the same boat as
      > you are I am still on MS W2k With Outlook express and in the process of
      > switching to RH 8,
      > I am also eager to have a solution of protecting my ID from going into the
      > SPAM data base for no fault of mine.

      email addresses are typically not added to spam databases, as you call
      them ...

      IP addresses of your mailservers - sure.

      Domain names (especially if there's a major spam problem with them) - sure

      But not individual email addresses

      srs
    • suman
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 6, 2004
        Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

        >Yoganandam Goteti [2/6/2004 6:03 PM] :
        >

        >>Hi Suman,
        >>It has nothing to do with your mail client. I am also in the same boat as
        >>you are I am still on MS W2k With Outlook express and in the process of
        >>switching to RH 8,
        >>I am also eager to have a solution of protecting my ID from going into the
        >>SPAM data base for no fault of mine.
        >>

        >email addresses are typically not added to spam databases, as you call
        >them ...
        >
        >IP addresses of your mailservers - sure.
        >
        >Domain names (especially if there's a major spam problem with them) - sure
        >
        >But not individual email addresses
        >
        > srs

        can you give me a link where i can get more info on the techniques used
        for spamming and ways to prevent them?
        -suman
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 6, 2004
          suman [2/7/2004 1:16 PM] :

          > can you give me a link where i can get more info on the techniques used
          > for spamming and ways to prevent them?

          1. do you run your own mailserver? if so there are a few things you can
          do ...

          2. if you don't, and if you just pop your mail down to a linux box, I
          wrote an article last year in linuxgazette .. that, or just two words
          "install spamassasin"

          srs