Re: [TwinCLinG] [OT] bounced mails

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6, 2004
      Yoganandam Goteti [2/6/2004 6:03 PM] :

      > Hi Suman,
      > It has nothing to do with your mail client. I am also in the same boat as
      > you are I am still on MS W2k With Outlook express and in the process of
      > switching to RH 8,
      > I am also eager to have a solution of protecting my ID from going into the
      > SPAM data base for no fault of mine.

      email addresses are typically not added to spam databases, as you call
      them ...

      IP addresses of your mailservers - sure.

      Domain names (especially if there's a major spam problem with them) - sure

      But not individual email addresses

      srs
    • Yoganandam Goteti

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 6, 2004
          Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

          >Yoganandam Goteti [2/6/2004 6:03 PM] :
          >

          >>Hi Suman,
          >>It has nothing to do with your mail client. I am also in the same boat as
          >>you are I am still on MS W2k With Outlook express and in the process of
          >>switching to RH 8,
          >>I am also eager to have a solution of protecting my ID from going into the
          >>SPAM data base for no fault of mine.
          >>

          >email addresses are typically not added to spam databases, as you call
          >them ...
          >
          >IP addresses of your mailservers - sure.
          >
          >Domain names (especially if there's a major spam problem with them) - sure
          >
          >But not individual email addresses
          >
          > srs

          can you give me a link where i can get more info on the techniques used
          for spamming and ways to prevent them?
          -suman
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 6, 2004
            suman [2/7/2004 1:16 PM] :

            > can you give me a link where i can get more info on the techniques used
            > for spamming and ways to prevent them?

            1. do you run your own mailserver? if so there are a few things you can
            do ...

            2. if you don't, and if you just pop your mail down to a linux box, I
            wrote an article last year in linuxgazette .. that, or just two words
            "install spamassasin"

            srs