[TwinCLinG] Query over Barcode...

  • Vardhman Jain
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2003
      Has any one tried to develop a barcode read/write using application. I
      want to try one. Can some one tell me if i require some special hardware
      for writing reading barcode or a simple printer can print the code. Also
      is a simple scanner sufficient for scanning the code. I heard that some
      software are available for generating the barcode number jpeg, please
      confirm if this is possible.

      vardhman

    • sampath rao
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 2003
        Vardhman Jain <vardhman@...> wrote:
        Hi,

        In market u will get software for Barcode

        i tried for my project (librarey project)i used barcode for the books to issue for the students

        Ucan get that software from market

        bye

        sampath

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • suman
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 29, 2003
          On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 13:28, Vardhman Jain wrote:
          > Hi,
          > Has any one tried to develop a barcode read/write using application. I
          > want to try one. Can some one tell me if i require some special hardware
          > for writing reading barcode or a simple printer can print the code. Also
          > is a simple scanner sufficient for scanning the code. I heard that some
          > software are available for generating the barcode number jpeg, please
          > confirm if this is possible.
          >
          > vardhman
          i donno of anyone which can actually read a barcode on linux but there
          is a software called kbarcode which generates barcode slips which can be
          then attached to books.
          but i never tried it.
          -suman