file encryption.....

  • kishore
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
      hi all,
      kan any one tell me how 2 hide files or encrypt them
      in linux. i'm using redhat linux 9.0.
      thnx in adv..
      bye............

      =====
      KISHORE

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • madhuonline
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
        hiding is different from encrypting

        if you want to hide a file just prefix it with a "."
        (dot)
        or if you want to encrypt a file KGPG can be handy
        utility

        Usage: kgpg [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [options] file

        Generic options:
        --help Show help about options
        --help-qt Show Qt specific options
        --help-kde Show KDE specific options
        --help-all Show all options
        --author Show author information
        -v, --version Show version information
        --license Show license information
        -- End of options

        -e Encrypt file
        -s Show encrypted file
        -S Sign file
        -V Verify signature

        Arguments:
        file File to open

        Regards
        Madhu sudhan Rao
        Azri Solutions

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
          u see...it all depends on who you are trying to hide
          it from ;)

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
            Hello

            what is command for view all the active ports in
            linux

            Venugopal reddy k.

            http://shopping.yahoo.com
          • Balaji Narayanan
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003

              venu> Hello what is command for view all the active ports in linux

              venu> Venugopal reddy k.

              netstat.

              man netstat?
              -balaji

              --
              Those who are mentally and emotionally healthy are those who have
              learned when to say yes, when to say no and when to say whoopee.
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 2, 2003
                hi kishore
                create a file system on a file by setting a loop
                device (using losetup) using encryption(see man page
                of losetup(8) for doing this). And mount the loop
                device as any partition. U can store ur secret files
                in that file system.
                bye

                --- kishore <kishorereloaded@...> wrote:
                ---------------------------------
                hi all,
                kan any one tell me how 2 hide files or encrypt them
                in linux. i'm using redhat linux 9.0.
                thnx in adv..

                =====
                KISHORE