Re: [TwinCLinG] how can i ?

  • praveen
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2000
      Dear Gurdev,

      i concidered that u r saying installing LINUX in a mechine which is
      alreading having NT is same as installing LINUX on WIN98( i done this
      using fips).

      i'll proceed if u confirm this.

      bye
      praveen.

      --- In ilughyd@egroups.com, "Gurdev Parmar" <gs_p@m...> wrote:
      > I have a dual boot on my system with NT and Linux.
      > So, it can be done.
      > How it can be done? Well, there is this mini howto
      > called Linux-NT-Loader ;-)
      >
      > Important thing is to load NT before Linux.
      > --
      >
      > On Fri, 07 Apr 2000 05:53:54 praveen wrote:
      > >
      > >hi
      > > i want to install both Linux and windows NT. i don't know is it
      > >possible or not . but installed Linux along with win98. pl tell me
      > >how can i do it. is it true that Linux and winNT are very
      dangerous
      > >combination !!
      > >
      > >bye
      > >praveen
      > >

      > Send FREE April Fool's Greetings to your friends!
      > http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/American_Greetings.rdct
    • Prasad
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7, 2000
        hello,
        I don't think fips is going to work on NT, More over if you are
        having a boot floppy I think you can even install NT even after you are
        having Linux, the only thing you will have to take care is the part when
        NT asks you about the partition on which you want to install NT.
        I don't think you even need a boot floppy when you are installing
        NT in another partition.

        > i concidered that u r saying installing LINUX in a mechine which is
        > alreading having NT is same as installing LINUX on WIN98( i done this
        > using fips).
        >
        > i'll proceed if u confirm this.

        PRASAD & SUNIL
        IIIT Hyderabad
      • Gurdev Parmar
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7, 2000
          Just make sure you have read that mini howto
          before proceeding. Then I won't take the blame
          of any screw-ups;-)
          All the best.

          Gurdev.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 7, 2000
            Dear Gurdev,

            will u pl tell me where can i find this " mini howto LINUX-NT-Loader"

            regards