Re: [TwinCLinG] how can i ?

  • Gurdev Parmar
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7 12:38 AM
      I have a dual boot on my system with NT and Linux.
      So, it can be done.
      How it can be done? Well, there is this mini howto
      called Linux-NT-Loader ;-)

      Important thing is to load NT before Linux.
      --

      On Fri, 07 Apr 2000 05:53:54 praveen wrote:

      >hi
      > i want to install both Linux and windows NT. i don't know is it
      >possible or not . but installed Linux along with win98. pl tell me
      >how can i do it. is it true that Linux and winNT are very dangerous
      >combination !!
      >
      >bye
      >praveen

      Send FREE April Fool's Greetings to your friends!
      http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/American_Greetings.rdct
    • praveen
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7 2:29 AM
        Dear Gurdev,

        i concidered that u r saying installing LINUX in a mechine which is
        alreading having NT is same as installing LINUX on WIN98( i done this
        using fips).

        i'll proceed if u confirm this.

        bye
        praveen.

        --- In ilughyd@egroups.com, "Gurdev Parmar" <gs_p@m...> wrote:
        > I have a dual boot on my system with NT and Linux.
        > So, it can be done.
        > How it can be done? Well, there is this mini howto
        > called Linux-NT-Loader ;-)
        >
        > Important thing is to load NT before Linux.
        > --
        >
        > On Fri, 07 Apr 2000 05:53:54 praveen wrote:
        > >
        > >hi
        > > i want to install both Linux and windows NT. i don't know is it
        > >possible or not . but installed Linux along with win98. pl tell me
        > >how can i do it. is it true that Linux and winNT are very
        dangerous
        > >combination !!
        > >
        > >bye
        > >praveen
        > >

        > Send FREE April Fool's Greetings to your friends!
        > http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/American_Greetings.rdct
      • Prasad
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7 4:13 AM
          hello,
          I don't think fips is going to work on NT, More over if you are
          having a boot floppy I think you can even install NT even after you are
          having Linux, the only thing you will have to take care is the part when
          NT asks you about the partition on which you want to install NT.
          I don't think you even need a boot floppy when you are installing
          NT in another partition.

          > i concidered that u r saying installing LINUX in a mechine which is
          > alreading having NT is same as installing LINUX on WIN98( i done this
          > using fips).
          >
          > i'll proceed if u confirm this.

          PRASAD & SUNIL
          IIIT Hyderabad
        • Gurdev Parmar
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 7 8:12 PM
            Just make sure you have read that mini howto
            before proceeding. Then I won't take the blame
            of any screw-ups;-)
            All the best.

            Gurdev.

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 7 9:15 PM
              Dear Gurdev,

              will u pl tell me where can i find this " mini howto LINUX-NT-Loader"

              regards