[TwinCLinG] Re: Its April 1st

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2000
      And I thank you for sending across a chain letter I've seen every
      1st april since I started using the net abt 6 years ago :)

      On 1 Apr 2000, at 15:28, nikhilwiz@... wrote:

      > We thank you for your cooperation.

      Suresh Ramasubramanian + suresh (@) kcircle.com
      Friday@... + http://www.kcircle.com
      Good programming is 99% sweat and 1% coffee.
    • Nick Hill
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2000
        --- Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh@...> wrote:

        > And I thank you for sending across a chain letter
        > I've seen every
        > 1st april since I started using the net abt 6 years
        > ago :)
        i neva knew even VSNL was giving out the net 6 yrs
        back.
        unless u were on NIC, or ernet, perhaps... (like me!)
        ;-)
        Nikhil.

        http://im.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2000
          One of my friends was in the STP. So I got quite good connection
          even then.

          On 1 Apr 2000, at 4:22, Nick Hill wrote:

          > i neva knew even VSNL was giving out the net 6 yrs
          > back.
          > unless u were on NIC, or ernet, perhaps... (like me!)
          > ;-)
          > Nikhil.

          Suresh Ramasubramanian + suresh (@) kcircle.com
          Friday@... + http://www.kcircle.com
          I think, therefore I am single.
        • nikhilwiz@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2000
            As many of you know, each year the Internet must be shut
            down for 24 hours in order to allow us to clean it. The cleaning
            process, which eliminates dead email and inactive ftp, www and gopher
            sites, allows for a better-working and faster Internet. This year, the
            cleaning process will take place from 23:59 pm (GMT) on March 31st
            until 00:01 am (GMT) on April 2nd. During that 24-hour period, five
            powerful Internet-crawling robots situated around the world will
            search the Internet and delete any data that they find. In order to
            protect your valuable data from deletion we ask that you do the
            following: 1. Disconnect all terminals and local area networks from
            their Internet connections. 2. Shut down all Internet servers, or
            disconnect them from the Internet. 3. Disconnect all disks and
            hardrives from any connections to the Internet. 4. Refrain from
            connecting any computer to the Internet in any wy. We understand the
            inconvenience that this may cause some Internet users, and we
            apologize. However, we are certain that any inconveniences will be
            more than made up for by the increased speed and efficiency of the
            Internet, once it has been cleared of electronic flotsam and jetsam.
            We thank you for your cooperation.