Telugu localisation - anyone interested ?

  • Guntupalli Karunakar
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 2:27 AM
      Hi listers,
      I am volunteer at IndLinux project ( www.indlinux.org ), where we are working on making a Indian language enabled distro . Work is on for Hindi, Kannada, Marathi and also Malayalam, Tamil, Bengali by different teams, but not much work is happening on Telugu. Some work is on for translation and font development, but a proper start is yet to be made. Please let me know if anyone is interested in taking up Telugu work. I am in Hyd. till 6th april (couldnt make it to the lug meet as was in Bangalore for Indic font workshop). We can meet up sometime somwhere before 6th.
      Also there is a plan to organise a small session at IIIT Hyd , Gachibowli where few students have shown interest, also Language Technology Resource Center team is there, who are already doing pioneering NLP work. Maybe we can have the meet there itself. I will post on the list regarding this by tomorrow after meeting folks at IIIT.

      (any replies to this mail pl also do a cc to me as i am in digest mode)

      Regards,
      Karunakar
    • atul_negi
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2 7:55 AM
        We at University of Hyderabad are certainly interested.
        For the record the Govt. of India under the ministry of
        communications and IT has established several resource
        centers for Language Technology. We are the resource center
        for Telugu and have some neat things done with respect to putting
        up ISCII text material on to the web. ( it is not easy as many
        may think)

        BTW try to see the google cache of www.langugagetechnlogies.ac.in
        (which is our site presently down due to some problems).

        So for the record Resource Center for Indian Language Technology
        Solutions (Telugu) is at the Univ. of Hydeerabad Science Complex
        Karunakar and others are welcome to visit.

        Telugu OCR is under development. Further progress on Telugu OCR
        is being done by our own Nikhil and Chandrakanth.
        I hope we are not fragmented into language fanaticism and are willing
        to share the progress in adopting and localizing Linux.

        Want to have a workshop on that? Keep in touch.

        --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, Guntupalli Karunakar <karunakar@f...>