Unable to boot into Mandrake.

  • Aditya <vprataprao@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2003
      Hi,
      I have just upgraded my Celeron 300 to AMD 1700+ on KM266 FDSMx
      mainboard. Now I am unable to boot into Mandrake. I get the following
      message -
      ESR - value before enabling vector : 00000002.
      Booting stops after that.
      However I am able to boot into Win'98 and RH.
      Can anyone suggest a way out.
      Thanking in advance.
      Aditya Pratap V.
    • phanikumar@cbit.ac.in
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2003
        I think there was someone who mentioned that you have to change a lot of
        stuffs
        I think u found the reason why he said that

        The main reason behingd this I thing is the kernel which is suited for the
        386 does not suit for the Athlon
        Maybe u have to recompile the kernel