Re: [MOD]Re: [TwinCLinG] TRAI's new tariff

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
      you will have to ban Nick as well I think - he forwarded this I think as well
      :(

      let us just make a rule that email chain letters of any sort - saving sick
      kids or saving telecom policy - be banned from the list henceforth?

      srs

      Chandra Kanth Chereddi [01/03/03 07:37 +0530]:
      > This thing is going too far, this more than OT. What ever it is, and how
      > ever it effects us we cannot have such traffic here. One more time and
      > MR Bhaskar Raj will be banned, all such mailing is to be kept strictly
      > off the list.
    • mohan babu
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2003
        hello bhaskar,
        i am mohan babu from dilsukhnagar. it is very pleasing to someone responding to the hike in prices. but my friend i have to tell u that now a days we r not dependent on bsnl landline phones for our internet. we r use cable net which do not require any phone connection. but the move to charge internet cafes with service charge is defnitely going to increase the price of the internet , which should be taken back to increase the use of internet.
        thanking u once again for a social concern.
        Mohan Babu Karri.
        Bhasker Raj <bhaskaraj48@...> wrote:Appeal to the Internet Users Group

        The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)
        recent tariff announcements will severely affect the
        growth of the Internet in the country.

        By increasing the rental charges for landline fixed
        telephone, reducing the pulse count, and free calls
        will severely affect the middle class subscribers and
        discourage people joining the Internet services since
        this will be more costly.

        Accessing the Internet should be made more affordable
        to enable even the common man to join the Internet
        revolution.

        Unless the Internet users throughout the country
        jointly protest, the growth of the Internet in the
        country will be affected.

        It is requested that all the Internet Users Group or
        Associations to send protests to Mr. Arun Shourie, the
        new minister of communications.

        Please respond to this letter urgently since this new
        policy will be effective from 1 April 2003. Please
        contact me if any clarifications are needed.

        Waiting for responses

        Yours sincerely

        A.S. Bhasker Raj
        Freelance Writer & Author