9747Re: [TwinCLinG] Network configuration in linux for cable connections

  • Nikhil Shanker
    Feb 5, 2003
      On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 11:56:07PM +0530, linuS wrote:
      > after i've got a static ip from cable, how can i access my pc from
      > outside. can i access my pc by its ip address, but it doesn't seems
      > to be working for me.

      <shameless-plug>

      Even if you're behind a firewall or a proxy or even on a private IP, if
      you happen to have a mobile phone, you can do it through SMSTerm. Its as
      good as an ol' TELIX session. :) You can only run command line stuff
      tho. But, you might have to pay heavy SMS bills if you get a lil'
      carried away. :D

      </shameless-plug>

      Nikhil.

      --
      Nikhil Shankar (nikhil.shanker at acm.org)

      Slackware Linux http://www.slackware.com/
      I guess that's why people care: Simplicity is Divine.
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic