9728Re: Network configuration in linux for cable connections

  • pranav <cherupalli_p@yahoo.co.in>
    Feb 4 11:37 AM
      hi
      you cannot access your system from outside your network(i.e your cable
      providers network).
      As your static Ip is only to recognize your system in your cable
      operators network.you may find u r Ip some where else in the world also.
      Generally your cable operator blocks your Ip from being a public IP.
      If you need a public IP it will cost you around 8000-10000 rupees per
      month.
      i have tried this and made an enquiry regarding this.

      cheers
      pranav

      --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, linuS <sunilmohan@g...> wrote:

      > thanks
      >
      > it worked for me.
      > i have one more query.
      >
      > after i've got a static ip from cable, how can i access my pc from
      > outside. can i access my pc by its ip address, but it doesn't seems
      > to be working for me.
      >

      > On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Raghuram Vijapurapu wrote:
      >
      > > BadboY wrote:
      > >
      > > >hi hyd linux users group
      > > >
      > > >i have problems in configuring network in linux (DNS, ip etc)
      > > >i get my internet connection through cable.
      > > >
      > > >do we need any drivers etc for it or it can be used as simple
      > > >connection from telephone line.
      > > >

      > > Follow this sequence:
      > >
      > > modprobe <drivername> (You will need to find out what your network
      card
      > > is and its respective driver)
      > >
      > > ifconfig eth0 <ip address> (You should be given an ipaddress from
      your
      > > provider or if you have a DHCP then trype dhcpcd)
      > >
      > > route add default gw <gateway ip address>
      > >
      > > edit /etc/resolv.conf and add:
      > >
      > > nameserver 202.54.1.30
      > > nameserver 202.54.30.2
      > >
      > > Voila. You should be on now.