18233best way to compile a different kernel

  • atul_negi
    Feb 1, 2006
      I would like to test out a new kernel given to me
      by IIT Madras MOOL project. It is essentially a
      2.4.28 kernel with some customization in some files.

      They sent me a CD with all directories like
      Arch, Crypto, Documentation, drivers, fs, include ... kernel etc.

      There is a makefile in the maindirectory. I can post it
      to anybody who would like to see.

      I intend to copy the files and directories on the CD to
      my system. Run a usual make config etc. any shortcuts/cautions?

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic