15303Re: [TwinCLinG] Does any one have Suse Linux 9.1 Professional CD's

  • raghuram
    Oct 3, 2004
      Aditya wrote:

      >>http://www.desktopos.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=21
      >
      > Thanks for the link. i have found SuSE 9.1 to be a sturdy distro,
      > which installed on my system on which Mandrake failed to install.
      > However, there seems to be some problem with configuring it to play
      > sound. It detects my sound card VIA VT 8233/A/8235 ACĀ“97 but doesn't
      > play any sound. For example, if I play any mp3 on xmms, I can see the
      > visualizations indicating that the song is playing, however there is
      > no sound.
      > I have tried various solutions I could google, without any success. It
      > appears as though the problem is quite common one but the solution is not.

      Looks like you have selected the wrong output plugin in xmms. Enable all
      plugins one after another and check the output. Also check if alsamixer
      is unmuted. If it is ,run

      #alsamixer unmute
      # alsamixer /* fiddle with various volume meters here*/
      #alsctrl store /* stores your settings and loads them at startup .*/

      Raghu.