Nuke Monsanto

  • Sandy Mesa
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2009
      I just spoke with Rob. They were not threatened. They did suffer a web attack at the same time the other stuff was going on and have had some unpleasant correspondence with Brad Mitchell, Monsanto's PR person who was writing subtly threatening comments there.

      Rob said I was taken off as an editor because I wouldn't write a bio that satisfied them.

      Whatever the miscommunication, personal stuff going on there for people, political differences, etc. I am grateful for having written there and having been welcome and could still post there and others still can though the shortage of editorial staff seems to be leading to application of random rules that a little time from editors might have straightened out.

      What matters most now is getting word out about those bills and not wasting time worrying about other stuff.

      None of this alters the facts of Monsanto lurking there, threatening people there and in person, or working to shut down word of those bills.

      Best,
      Linn

      On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Linn Cohen-Cole <lcohencole@gmail. com> wrote:

      Hi Barb,

      I was taken off as an editor after Monsanto threatened me and those guys showed up outside my house, and have had a lot of trouble posting there since and can't post comments at all, and have essentially stopped trying.

      I would bet he was threatened. And rather than say that, I think he simply moved to separate Oped News from connection to this issue.

      Oped News was the sole site covering any of this and someone may have gotten to Rob like happened with Clyde Lear.

      On Wednesday, April 16th, Michael Stumo, OCM General Counsel and I were guests on the Derry Brownfield Show and discussed the new project, seed industry concentration and the attached article. (Here is a link to the broadcast). http://www.brownfie ldnetwork. com/resource_ other/20080416/ f97ed749- ae81-5c55- 2b37828c1c4c3db6 /111412/dbs04160 8.MP3

      The following Monday, Derry Brownfield was notified that his right to broadcast over the Learfield Communications Network [which he co-founded, by he way] was being terminated; presumably because of the April 16th broadcast. (Follow link to Learfield's blog). http://learfield. typepad.com/ growlearfield/ 2008/04/derry- leaves-us. html

      Creepy.

      Did Rady give a reason why she is no longer an editor there?

      I can post easily at Dailykos but trolls show up within seconds and hound about conspiracy theory and tin foil hat and the rest. Other commenters have gotten angry, asking if they are paid to do it and pointing out how they never comment on the content and only disrupt discussion.

      The left hasn't gotten it yet. If they do, it will be everywhere and they'll have protection in numbers. Monsanto is the KKK but a KKK whose actions are mostly unseen so far. What's very clear is they do NOT want word out about those bills. They do NOT want anyone using the word CODEX or referring to the flu, either.

      An article at Dailykos on NAIS was wildly popular and McGeary was there commenting on it, but I noticed on guy who is a troll normally, came on and actually complimented Richardson on not talking about the flu in relation to NAIS (which people think now it is meant to help push through and may have been intentional) . So, I wonder if the strategy is to focus attention on NAIS and away from the bills which contain it, trying to keep the public from making that essential link, so the resistance is kept detached from the bills and they can go through.

      Dailykos may be where to post for now and just don't read the comments.

      Rob should be talking to the progressive journalism community he is part of, letting them know what happened there and pushing them to report on this story. They think they are tough calling out Cheney but don't realize where the huge new threats to democracy are, or about the constant Mafia-type stuff going on around this issue across the country. It's making me wonder how many people across the country on any day are threatened by Monsanto (never mind around the wrold). How many are bribed?

      Wonder how to get them for civil rights violations of our first amendment rights?

      Here's what's at stake.
      http://www.engdahl. oilgeopolitics. net/print/ June08_Engdahl. pdf

      Would you post this?
      http://yupfarming. blogspot. com/2009/ 05/naivete- of-sustainable- ag-community. html

      Best,
      Linn

      On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 11:51 AM, spktruth2power <spktruth2power@ hughes.net> wrote:

      Linn,

      Are you still able to post articles to OEN? Are you aware that several of us who have fought against Monsanto and have exposed the connection between the food safety bills and Monsanto have been either banned from the site, or have lost either editorial or posting privileges, including me? I received no notice, just logged in yesterday and found that I am no longer on the editorial board. Rady, who was instrumental in getting our message to the top was ousted a few days ago. Several others who hit Monsanto hard are also gone. Before my "demotion" I discovered several comments that Rob Kall himself "hid" that there was nothing wrong with - no reason to delete them. One case in point is Amicus. She has been a very strong technical opponent to Monsanto, and Rob Kall has banned her from posting to the site for no apparent reason, and deleted comments from her that were in no way "bad."

      Localize yourself!
      Barbara H. Peterson
      http://survivingthe middleclasscrash .wordpress. com
      http://farmwars. info
    • Mikal
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 24 8:36 AM
        OH FUCKIN RIGHTI GET IT NOW, the sterile ones came.
        it's so obvious. had to look back.
        this place starts off great and thensee the people who just BLOG SHIT
        UP,the spampires. those familiar names.
        one shat all over castaneda. i wish Nihilists would hurry up and LEAVE
        THE EARTH.

        ah, all so clear, now,this is how an almost cool place got fucked.
        you people are like republicans.if you can't get what you want out of
        something, you shit it all up. you are like small pox blankets.
        braxen.
        --- In illuminatusinnersanctum@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Mesa"