KallistiCon 2008!

  • stmae
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2008
      From a secure location beneath New Alamut,
      Left Coast, Turtle Island, Earth
      Fool's Day 2008

      Discordians, Dysnomians, Erisians, and others of much ilk...

      Get up! (Get on up!)

      KallistiCon 2008 is coming - June 20-22!

      Every year this millennium, we've gotten together in the Bay Area in
      California. We're not just rehashing gags from the Principia - we're
      moving forward, practicing chaos in the world.

      For the last seven years, we've eaten and drank together, we've made
      friends with strangers in traffic, we've had rituals and blessings,
      we've been weird in public, and we've been human with each other.
      We've found the freaks who thought they were the only ones, and taught
      them - and ourselves - what tribe is supposed to mean.

      Some of you will say: "But Discordians are supposed to be disorganized."

      Didn't you know that's just a put-on?

      Some of you will say we're doing it wrong, and only you know the right
      way to follow Eris.

      That's OK. Just quit talking about it and start doing it.

      Some will no doubt repeat the tired cliche: "We Discordians tend to
      stick apart."

      Of course we do, but sticking apart is more fun when we do it together.

      Throw out your old memes. Greg and Kerry are gone, Bob Wilson is gone,
      Camden Benares and the other old-timers are gone. Let's honor and
      respect them. Let's learn from their lives and their teachings. But
      let's stop trying to be them.

      The Principia is your grandma's Discordia. Being an inside joke on the
      net is your daddy's. What's yours? And who are you doing it with?

      gabba gabba
      we accept you
      we accept you
      one of us

      http://www.kallisticon.com
      June 20-22, 2008
      Redwood City, California
      RSVP by June 15!
      Contact: email stmae@...
    • Princess Unicornia
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2009
        --- In illuminatusinnersanctum@yahoogroups.com, stmae <no_reply@...>
        wrote:

        > From a secure location beneath New Alamut,
        > Left Coast, Turtle Island, Earth
        > Fool's Day 2008
        >
        > Discordians, Dysnomians, Erisians, and others of much ilk...
        >
        > Get up! (Get on up!)
        >
        > KallistiCon 2008 is coming - June 20-22!
        >
        > Every year this millennium, we've gotten together in the Bay Area in
        > California. We're not just rehashing gags from the Principia - we're
        > moving forward, practicing chaos in the world.
        >
        > For the last seven years, we've eaten and drank together, we've made
        > friends with strangers in traffic, we've had rituals and blessings,
        > we've been weird in public, and we've been human with each other.
        > We've found the freaks who thought they were the only ones, and
        taught
        > them - and ourselves - what tribe is supposed to mean.
        >
        > Some of you will say: "But Discordians are supposed to be
        disorganized."

        > Didn't you know that's just a put-on?
        >
        > Some of you will say we're doing it wrong, and only you know the
        right
        > way to follow Eris.
        >
        > That's OK. Just quit talking about it and start doing it.
        >
        > Some will no doubt repeat the tired cliche: "We Discordians tend to
        > stick apart."
        >
        > Of course we do, but sticking apart is more fun when we do it
        together.

        > Throw out your old memes. Greg and Kerry are gone, Bob Wilson is
        gone,
        > Camden Benares and the other old-timers are gone. Let's honor and
        > respect them. Let's learn from their lives and their teachings. But
        > let's stop trying to be them.
        >
        > The Principia is your grandma's Discordia. Being an inside joke on
        the
        > net is your daddy's. What's yours? And who are you doing it with?
        >
        > gabba gabba
        > we accept you
        > we accept you
        > one of us
        >
        > http://www.kallisticon.com
        > June 20-22, 2008
        > Redwood City, California
        > RSVP by June 15!
        > Contact: email stmae@...

        I couldn't get to KallistiCon and I missed ShamliCon! I really want
        to go to KallistiCon this year. I don't know if they'll be another
        ShamliCon.