Re: Alchymical Cabbage

  • theknightthatsaysfnord
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1 9:15 PM
      I have sat in silence long enouph... I must ask...

      What the hell is with the spelling of "of" as: "ov?"

      Educate me in your weird hippy ways.

      -Knighty
      President, and founder, of the Tragicly Un-Hip Relief Fund (Thursday
      nights are rib nights).

      --- In illuminatusinnersanctum@yahoogroups.com, James French
      <james_french_2000@y...> wrote:

      > Thee Doctrine ov thee Alchymical Cabbage
      >
      > A chance comment in the Principia Discordia has led to an error in
      the apprehension of the place of cabbages in Discordianism. This is
      the statement that cabbages have been masquerading as human beings.
      Most people take this to mean that cabbages are somehow symbols for
      boring Greyfaced types who seek to control.

      > Nay!
      >
      > It is time to put to rest this most heinous blasphemy against the
      cabbage. Here we reveal, on special dispensation from Eris Herself,
      thee Doctrine ov thee Alchymical Cabbage.

      > The cabbage represents the state of unperfected, unilluminated
      humankind. To say, however, that it is automatically "grey" is
      unfair. The only Greyfaced cabbage is a rotten one, covered in mold.
      Many domesticated primates, indeed, resemble this.

      > However, a young, green, leafy cabbage is full of potential.
      >
      > Consider for a moment the resemblance of cabbage to the very symbol
      of the Unfolding self- the rose. In its yummy folds the cabbage
      conceals the Fairest.

      > It is said that "every Golden Apple hides a golden worm". This is
      the key to the transformation of the Cabbage into an Illuminated One.

      > The Worm hides in the bosom of the Mad Bitch Goddess of Chaos,
      Eris. In the throbbing heart of the Golden Apple is it prepared and
      made ready.

      > Then, when Eris grows tired of having a worm crawl about her
      cleavage, She sends it forth. In its wanderings it comes into the
      Garden of the Self.

      > There it crawls about the cabbages, looking for one that appears
      Ready. When it finds such a one, it enters its folds and begins the
      Mad Wormish Dance of Chaos that it knows by instinct as some turtles
      know how to walk as soon as they are born on the edge of the salty
      sea.

      > Then is the golden Apple realized in the cabbage, and it awakens to
      become a Rose.

      > Do you believe that?
      >

      > var PUpage="76001062"; var PUprop="geocities"; var
      yviContents='http://us.toto.geo.yahoo.com/toto?
      s=76001062&l=NE&b=1&t=1078010132';yviR='us';yfiEA(0);undefined
      > undefinedMore...
      > Yahoo! SiteBuilder[Close]
      > [Close]
      > Yahoo! SiteBuilder
      >
      > geovisit();

    • James French
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2 12:51 PM
        Uh, I just kinda stole it from Thee Temple ov Psychic Youth. The idea behind it, or as much as I have gleaned, is the distortion of something common (like and article in speech) to break up normal lines of thought. Of course, THEY bloody do it everytime the word comes up, which is more annoying than anything else. I restrict myself to titles. "Ov" also refers to an "alchemical" preparation that TOPY members are supposed to send the main office every week or month, I forget which. Basically, it invlolves blood, sexual fluid, and hair.

        Yummy,
        Pope Phineus

        www.geocities.com/phineus_gage_cabal

        <james_french_2000@y...> wrote:

        > Thee Doctrine ov thee Alchymical Cabbage
        >
        > A chance comment in the Principia Discordia has led to an error in
        the apprehension of the place of cabbages in Discordianism. This is
        the statement that cabbages have been masquerading as human beings.
        Most people take this to mean that cabbages are somehow symbols for
        boring Greyfaced types who seek to control.

        > Nay!
        >
        > It is time to put to rest this most heinous blasphemy against the
        cabbage. Here we reveal, on special dispensation from Eris Herself,
        thee Doctrine ov thee Alchymical Cabbage.

        > The cabbage represents the state of unperfected, unilluminated
        humankind. To say, however, that it is automatically "grey" is
        unfair. The only Greyfaced cabbage is a rotten one, covered in mold.
        Many domesticated primates, indeed, resemble this.

        > However, a young, green, leafy cabbage is full of potential.
        >
        > Consider for a moment the resemblance of cabbage to the very symbol
        of the Unfolding self- the rose. In its yummy folds the cabbage
        conceals the Fairest.

        > It is said that "every Golden Apple hides a golden worm". This is
        the key to the transformation of the Cabbage into an Illuminated One.

        > The Worm hides in the bosom of the Mad Bitch Goddess of Chaos,
        Eris. In the throbbing heart of the Golden Apple is it prepared and
        made ready.

        > Then, when Eris grows tired of having a worm crawl about her
        cleavage, She sends it forth. In its wanderings it comes into the
        Garden of the Self.

        > There it crawls about the cabbages, looking for one that appears
        Ready. When it finds such a one, it enters its folds and begins the
        Mad Wormish Dance of Chaos that it knows by instinct as some turtles
        know how to walk as soon as they are born on the edge of the salty
        sea.

        > Then is the golden Apple realized in the cabbage, and it awakens to
        become a Rose.

        > Do you believe that?
        >

        > var PUpage="76001062"; var PUprop="geocities"; var
        yviContents='http://us.toto.geo.yahoo.com/toto?
        s=76001062&l=NE&b=1&t=1078010132';yviR='us';yfiEA(0);undefined
        > undefinedMore...
        > Yahoo! SiteBuilder[Close]
        > [Close]
        > Yahoo! SiteBuilder
        >
        > geovisit();

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        Click Here

      • foxxfeather
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 26 7:36 PM
          --- In illuminatusinnersanctum@yahoogroups.com, "Pope Snarky
          Goodfella of the undulating cable, JM, CK, POEE, KOTHASK"
          <popesnarky@w...> wrote:

          > Hmmm. Sounds reasonable -- or at least not more unreasonable than
          > usual,
          > anyway.

          :):):):):)

          ACTUALLY IT COULD HAVE BEEN QUITE MORE UNREASONABLE, NOT THAT IT
          MATTERS. I WILL SAY IT WAS THOUGHTFUL I COULD SAY OTHER THINGS ALSO
          BUT I WILL NOT PERHAPS

          :):):):):)
        • Pope Snarky Goodfella of the undulating
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 28 2:12 AM
            Hail, Eris!:
            >"Pope Snarky Goodfella of the undulating cable, JM, CK, POEE, KOTHASK" wrote:
            > >
            > > Hmmm. Sounds reasonable -- or at least not more unreasonable than
            > > usual,
            > > anyway.

            >ACTUALLY IT COULD HAVE BEEN QUITE MORE UNREASONABLE, NOT THAT IT
            >MATTERS. I WILL SAY IT WAS THOUGHTFUL I COULD SAY OTHER THINGS ALSO
            >BUT I WILL NOT PERHAPS

            Oh, in that case, I fully agree -- my innate contrariness merely finds it
            aesthetically pleasing to discover reason in groups where unreason is
            lauded...BTW, did my mouse *have* to die several days before I can get the
            money to buy a new one? ;-{P}