The Festival of Blasphemy Has Begun!!!

  • john_the_blasphemist
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
      Yes that's right folks! Throw on your Charles Darwin Fanclub Tshirts
      cos it's that time of year again!!

      April 1 - 3 to celebrate April 2, which is St John the Blasphemist's
      Day - 3 days of peace, love, & BLASPHEMY with the FESTIVAL OF
      BLASPHEMY.

      This year's theme is Creativity, so we're looking for the most
      creative acts of Blasphemy.
      Tell that JW who's been pestering you about the joys of the Erisian
      faiths.
      Explain how it was really YOU who died for their sins & now IT'S
      PAYBACK TIME!
      etc

      And it doesn't have to be just the Jeezuz freeks you can pick on.
      Take a tip out of Salman Rushdie's book. The possibilities are
      endless.

      Yes folks - for the 2nd year in a row, the Festival of Blasphemy is
      now on. And here's the traditional Blasphemous joke:

      Q: Why did Jesus cross the road?
      A: Cos he was nailed to the chicken.
      (yes - old I know - but still timeless)

      Happy St John the Blasphemist's Day everyone!

      St John the Blasphemist
      Saint of Blasphemy
    • wholely_chao
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2003
        On-hippy Blasphemists Day, Dischordians!

        If you see wholely chao on the road, does he make any noise in the
        forest?

        Tune in last episode for the exciting conclusion to next weeks'...
        um...

        More scotch, straight up - please
      • theknightthatsaysfnord
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2003
          Woo-hoo! The festival. This year, I will not utter religious
          blasphemy, like I usually do. This year I will utter a different kind
          of blasphemy...

          1) Pink Floyd: very overrated

          2) Saturday Night Live: was never funny

          3) The Blues Brothers movies: sucked

          4) Beer: tastes like shit

          5) Football: almost as boring as baseball

          There we go! Five blamsphemous things that I'm sure have offended
          someone here. Hail Eris! Happy festival!

          -Knighty

          --- In illuminatusinnersanctum@yahoogroups.com, john_the_blasphemist
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Yes that's right folks! Throw on your Charles Darwin Fanclub
          Tshirts
          > cos it's that time of year again!!
          >
          > April 1 - 3 to celebrate April 2, which is St John the
          Blasphemist's
          > Day - 3 days of peace, love, & BLASPHEMY with the FESTIVAL OF
          > BLASPHEMY.
          >
          > This year's theme is Creativity, so we're looking for the most
          > creative acts of Blasphemy.
          > Tell that JW who's been pestering you about the joys of the Erisian
          > faiths.
          > Explain how it was really YOU who died for their sins & now IT'S
          > PAYBACK TIME!
          > etc
          >
          > And it doesn't have to be just the Jeezuz freeks you can pick on.
          > Take a tip out of Salman Rushdie's book. The possibilities are
          > endless.
          >
          > Yes folks - for the 2nd year in a row, the Festival of Blasphemy is
          > now on. And here's the traditional Blasphemous joke:
          >
          > Q: Why did Jesus cross the road?
          > A: Cos he was nailed to the chicken.
          > (yes - old I know - but still timeless)
          >
          > Happy St John the Blasphemist's Day everyone!
          >
          > St John the Blasphemist
          > Saint of Blasphemy
        • Pope Snarky Goodfella of the undulating
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2003
            Hail Eris, theknightthatsaysfnord!:

            >Woo-hoo! The festival. This year, I will not utter religious
            >blasphemy, like I usually do. This year I will utter a different kind
            >of blasphemy...
            >
            >1) Pink Floyd: very overrated

            No, that's Shania Twain.

            >2) Saturday Night Live: was never funny

            You misspelled SCTV. Neat trick.

            >3) The Blues Brothers movies: sucked

            I haven't seen the sequel, so I can't say...But The Fifth Element was
            hilarious and great fun. If that doesn't do it -- I liked season 5 of
            Xena. Damn. OK, I liked Season 5 of /Babylon 5/, thought it was possibly
            the best of the series, and really enjoyed the conclusion of the Telepath
            arc. Ha.

            >4) Beer: tastes like shit

            I agree with this poast.

            >5) Football: almost as boring as baseball

            "Almost"??? You fiend. They are both more boring than each other.

            >There we go! Five blamsphemous things that I'm sure have offended
            >someone here. Hail Eris! Happy festival!

            OK, I think I managed to slip the odd bit of offensiveness in while
            nobody was looking...

            Snarky
            I'd give it a 10, but you can't do the batoosie to it.
          • Klyf Fenderson
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 5, 2003
              On Wednesday 02 April 2003 05:34, wholely_chao wrote:
              > On-hippy Blasphemists Day, Dischordians!
              >
              > If you see wholely chao on the road, does he make any noise in the
              > forest?

              Only if you slap a Zen Buddhist upside the head with a fish.

              --
              Rev. Klyf 'Not Max Cannon' S²³-M257 the Not-Quite-Sane Fenderson
              email: klyf@... ====== website: http://www.klyfonline.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 26, 2005
                Yeah, this is the lost holiday I was talking about. We declared
                this in honor of St. John in 2001 or 2002 I forget, and then forgot
                about it. The three things you tend to lose as you get older are
                your teeth, your memory, and the third I forget. I...what was I
                talking about? Oh, forget it.

                Reverend (or is that Pope? Priest? Chaplain? I can't remember)
                Loveshade