Errata for Homebrews

    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2006
      Donald Trump

      Personality

      Power: 4 Resistance: 4

      Alignments: Straight, Corporate

      Attributes: Media, Bank

      The Donald gives a +2 for any attempt to control any Corporate, Media
      Group, or Bank. Has +6 for direct control of these Groups or any
      female Personality.

      Any Personality you own may be linked to Donald, and once linked,
      cannot be unlinked, even if captured, except by Donald.

      "You're Fired."

      By use of his action, The Donald can "fire" any Personality linked to
      him. This Personality must be discarded (and any puppets returned to
      his/her owner's hand), is not counted as destroyed for any Goals, and
      may be played again by anyone with a duplicate. The link is thus
      terminated.

      Resources:

      Atom Bomb

      Atom Bomb gives +10 on any attempt to control any Nation as long as
      it is not used (it is a powerful threat). If linked to a Nation,
      Atomic Bomb raises the Nation's Power to 6, and gives it Global Power
      equal to its regular Power.

      Alternatively, Atom Bomb can be used to automatically destroy any
      Place, except a Huge one, which is merely devastated. No die roll is
      required. However, once used, Atom Bomb must be discarded.

      Gadget

      Yeah, I know, it's a very powerful Resource. Use it wisely.

      *Leviticus Darksyde, Lord of Shadows*
    • Björn Lagerström
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2006
        Now I like them.

        Unfortunately, I think the A-Bomb might be to close to Rogue Boomer.
        "Rogue Boomer
        Gives +5 on any attempt to control a Nation. Or used once, can add +10
        on any attempt to destroy a Place, including Disasters - but then the
        Rogue Boomer must be discarded."

        But if you like to use similar cards without using duplicates, then
        why not. It's been done before with Murphy's Law/Bulldada,
        Bribery/Luck Plane and Hoax!/Secrets Man Was Not Meant To
        Know/18½-Minute Gap so why not.

        /Bjorne

        On 02/05/06, Leviticus Darksyde <leviticus_darksyde@...> wrote:

        > Donald Trump
        >
        > Personality
        >
        > Power: 4 Resistance: 4
        >
        > Alignments: Straight, Corporate
        >
        > Attributes: Media, Bank
        >
        > The Donald gives a +2 for any attempt to control any Corporate, Media
        > Group, or Bank. Has +6 for direct control of these Groups or any
        > female Personality.
        >
        > Any Personality you own may be linked to Donald, and once linked,
        > cannot be unlinked, even if captured, except by Donald.
        >
        > "You're Fired."
        >
        > By use of his action, The Donald can "fire" any Personality linked to
        > him. This Personality must be discarded (and any puppets returned to
        > his/her owner's hand), is not counted as destroyed for any Goals, and
        > may be played again by anyone with a duplicate. The link is thus
        > terminated.
        >

        > Resources:
        >
        > Atom Bomb
        >
        > Atom Bomb gives +10 on any attempt to control any Nation as long as
        > it is not used (it is a powerful threat). If linked to a Nation,
        > Atomic Bomb raises the Nation's Power to 6, and gives it Global Power
        > equal to its regular Power.
        >
        > Alternatively, Atom Bomb can be used to automatically destroy any
        > Place, except a Huge one, which is merely devastated. No die roll is
        > required. However, once used, Atom Bomb must be discarded.
        >
        > Gadget
        >
        > Yeah, I know, it's a very powerful Resource. Use it wisely.
        >

        > *Leviticus Darksyde, Lord of Shadows*
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • phraktal snipe
        Message 3 of 9 , May 2, 2006
          I like the idea of an A-Bomb, but the power it gives a nation seems a bit
          too much. For instance, in real life, a "3rd world country" (say, power of
          2, normally) that gets ahold of an A-Bomb doesn't suddenly command the same
          wealth and resources as "normal" Power 6 cards. Global Power would probably
          raise, as its global presence would become more well known (affecting
          sympathisers, agitators, etc) -but SIX seems a bit much.

          Also, if used to destroy a place, that place should reflect the fact that
          even if it's not totally blown out of the game, it will never be the same
          (do to radiation poisoning). Maybe, after dropping the a-bomb on a place,
          that place is permanantly devistated? (assuming the initial attack
          succeeds).

          just some nitpicks :)

          Message 4 of 9 , May 8, 2006
            --- In illuminatinewworldorder@yahoogroups.com, "phraktal snipe"
            <phraktal_snipe@...> wrote:

            > I like the idea of an A-Bomb, but the power it gives a nation seems
            a bit too much. For instance, in real life, a "3rd world country"
            (say, power of 2, normally) that gets ahold of an A-Bomb doesn't
            suddenly command the same wealth and resources as "normal" Power 6
            cards. Global Power would probably raise, as its global presence
            would become more well known (affecting sympathisers, agitators,
            etc) -but SIX seems a bit much.

            You don't like 6? How about 4?

            > Also, if used to destroy a place, that place should reflect the
            fact that even if it's not totally blown out of the game, it will
            never be the same (do to radiation poisoning). Maybe, after dropping
            the a-bomb on a place, that place is permanantly devastated?
            (assuming the initial attack succeeds).

            The attack ALWAYS succeeds. Did you not read the post?

            A Huge Place would not be totally destroyed mostly because of its
            size, and permamnently devastating a Place is out of the question for
            me in any case; it may as well be destroyed. Remember, Japan was
            not "permanently devastated" by the first A-Bomb. The only amendment
            to this I would make is any Huge Place, or a Place with a Power of 5
            or more would be only devastated. Anything less would be totally
            destroyed.

            Anyway, it was just an idea I was kicking around.

            Fnord.

            Message 5 of 9 , May 9, 2006
              Yes, 4 sounds *much* more reasonable. :) -Sorry, i spaced out you already
              mentioning the attack always succeeds.

              Cards that would be Cool:

              Nazi Occultists, Miskatonic University, De Vermis Mysteries (book resource
              for magic groups), Electoral College, Bureau of Paranormal Research and
              Defense (BPRD)..

              Message 6 of 9 , May 18, 2006
                The Da Vinci Code should now read:

                This plot may be linked to any female Personality, the Templars, or
                any Science Group. The Power of this Personality or Group is
                increased to 6. This requires an action from the affected
                Personality or Group. Only one Da Vinci Code can be played at one time.

                Alternatively, this plot can be used once to add +10 to any attempt
                to destroy Vatican City, or any Conservative Church Group. This does
                not require an action, but the attack to destroy does. This Plot must
                be discarded afterward.

                May Require Action

                *Leviticus Darksyde, Lord of Shadows*