Re: [Illuminati New World Order] Homebrew Ideas, Part 1

    Message 1 of 9 , May 1 2:36 PM
      --- In illuminatinewworldorder@yahoogroups.com, "Björn Lagerström"
      <rick.s.chris@...> wrote:

      > I like Osama and the D-code but Trump and Bomb are WAY too over-
      powered. Automatic removal of place/personality is to good to be
      true. You should at least be required to make a dice-roll. Atomic
      Bomb is better then a volcano with a Giant Kudzu added to it with a
      Combined Disaster while playing Servants. And thats a (49 - power of
      target place) to destroy. New York rigth next to Shangri-La, with a
      Cyborg Soldiers only has 29 power in defence so it's still 20 or less
      on a die roll to destroy it, and it still fails on a 11 or 12. I
      think I've made my point now.

      Have you really? I'm still lost trying to figure out what you're
      saying here. Of course, it needs work, but I still like the
      automatic destruction of a Place (Just think Hiroshima). Maybe with
      a Huge Place we might need a die roll...

      I'll work on it...

      > And shouldn't a personality have to be linked to Trump first
      (giving them +2 power or something), before he can fire them? Which
      means that you link your personalitys to Trump and if someone then
      steals them from you, you just discard them. And any personality
      directly controlled by Trump has to be linked to him and you cannot
      unlink a personality from Trump once he/she has been linked.

      You do have a point there. I'll work on it and see what transpires.

      *Leviticus Darksyde, Lord of Shadows*
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1 3:11 PM
        Donald Trump

        Personality

        Power: 4 Resistance: 4

        Alignments: Straight, Corporate

        Attributes: Media, Bank

        The Donald gives a +2 for any attempt to control any Corporate, Media
        Group, or Bank. Has +6 for direct control of these Groups or any
        female Personality.

        Any Personality you own may be linked to Donald, and once linked,
        cannot be unlinked, even if captured, except by Donald.

        "You're Fired."

        By use of his action, The Donald can "fire" any Personality linked to
        him. This Personality must be discarded (and any puppets returned to
        his/her owner's hand), is not counted as destroyed for any Goals, and
        may be played again by anyone with a duplicate. The link is thus
        terminated.

        Resources:

        Atom Bomb

        Atom Bomb gives +10 on any attempt to control any Nation as long as
        it is not used (it is a powerful threat). If linked to a Nation,
        Atomic Bomb raises the Nation's Power to 6, and gives it Global Power
        equal to its regular Power.

        Alternatively, Atom Bomb can be used to automatically destroy any
        Place, except a Huge one, which is merely devastated. No die roll is
        required. However, once used, Atom Bomb must be discarded.

        Gadget

        Yeah, I know, it's a very powerful Resource. Use it wisely.

        *Leviticus Darksyde, Lord of Shadows*
      • Björn Lagerström
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1 3:27 PM
          Now I like them.

          Unfortunately, I think the A-Bomb might be to close to Rogue Boomer.
          "Rogue Boomer
          Gives +5 on any attempt to control a Nation. Or used once, can add +10
          on any attempt to destroy a Place, including Disasters - but then the
          Rogue Boomer must be discarded."

          But if you like to use similar cards without using duplicates, then
          why not. It's been done before with Murphy's Law/Bulldada,
          Bribery/Luck Plane and Hoax!/Secrets Man Was Not Meant To
          Know/18½-Minute Gap so why not.

          /Bjorne

          On 02/05/06, Leviticus Darksyde <leviticus_darksyde@...> wrote:

          > Donald Trump
          >
          > Personality
          >
          > Power: 4 Resistance: 4
          >
          > Alignments: Straight, Corporate
          >
          > Attributes: Media, Bank
          >
          > The Donald gives a +2 for any attempt to control any Corporate, Media
          > Group, or Bank. Has +6 for direct control of these Groups or any
          > female Personality.
          >
          > Any Personality you own may be linked to Donald, and once linked,
          > cannot be unlinked, even if captured, except by Donald.
          >
          > "You're Fired."
          >
          > By use of his action, The Donald can "fire" any Personality linked to
          > him. This Personality must be discarded (and any puppets returned to
          > his/her owner's hand), is not counted as destroyed for any Goals, and
          > may be played again by anyone with a duplicate. The link is thus
          > terminated.
          >

          > Resources:
          >
          > Atom Bomb
          >
          > Atom Bomb gives +10 on any attempt to control any Nation as long as
          > it is not used (it is a powerful threat). If linked to a Nation,
          > Atomic Bomb raises the Nation's Power to 6, and gives it Global Power
          > equal to its regular Power.
          >
          > Alternatively, Atom Bomb can be used to automatically destroy any
          > Place, except a Huge one, which is merely devastated. No die roll is
          > required. However, once used, Atom Bomb must be discarded.
          >
          > Gadget
          >
          > Yeah, I know, it's a very powerful Resource. Use it wisely.
          >

          > *Leviticus Darksyde, Lord of Shadows*
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • phraktal snipe
          Message 4 of 9 , May 2 7:56 AM
            I like the idea of an A-Bomb, but the power it gives a nation seems a bit
            too much. For instance, in real life, a "3rd world country" (say, power of
            2, normally) that gets ahold of an A-Bomb doesn't suddenly command the same
            wealth and resources as "normal" Power 6 cards. Global Power would probably
            raise, as its global presence would become more well known (affecting
            sympathisers, agitators, etc) -but SIX seems a bit much.

            Also, if used to destroy a place, that place should reflect the fact that
            even if it's not totally blown out of the game, it will never be the same
            (do to radiation poisoning). Maybe, after dropping the a-bomb on a place,
            that place is permanantly devistated? (assuming the initial attack
            succeeds).

            just some nitpicks :)

            Message 5 of 9 , May 8 6:19 PM
              --- In illuminatinewworldorder@yahoogroups.com, "phraktal snipe"
              <phraktal_snipe@...> wrote:

              > I like the idea of an A-Bomb, but the power it gives a nation seems
              a bit too much. For instance, in real life, a "3rd world country"
              (say, power of 2, normally) that gets ahold of an A-Bomb doesn't
              suddenly command the same wealth and resources as "normal" Power 6
              cards. Global Power would probably raise, as its global presence
              would become more well known (affecting sympathisers, agitators,
              etc) -but SIX seems a bit much.

              You don't like 6? How about 4?

              > Also, if used to destroy a place, that place should reflect the
              fact that even if it's not totally blown out of the game, it will
              never be the same (do to radiation poisoning). Maybe, after dropping
              the a-bomb on a place, that place is permanantly devastated?
              (assuming the initial attack succeeds).

              The attack ALWAYS succeeds. Did you not read the post?

              A Huge Place would not be totally destroyed mostly because of its
              size, and permamnently devastating a Place is out of the question for
              me in any case; it may as well be destroyed. Remember, Japan was
              not "permanently devastated" by the first A-Bomb. The only amendment
              to this I would make is any Huge Place, or a Place with a Power of 5
              or more would be only devastated. Anything less would be totally
              destroyed.

              Anyway, it was just an idea I was kicking around.

              Fnord.

              Message 6 of 9 , May 9 7:19 AM
                Yes, 4 sounds *much* more reasonable. :) -Sorry, i spaced out you already
                mentioning the attack always succeeds.

                Cards that would be Cool:

                Nazi Occultists, Miskatonic University, De Vermis Mysteries (book resource
                for magic groups), Electoral College, Bureau of Paranormal Research and
                Defense (BPRD)..

                Message 7 of 9 , May 18 5:36 PM
                  The Da Vinci Code should now read:

                  This plot may be linked to any female Personality, the Templars, or
                  any Science Group. The Power of this Personality or Group is
                  increased to 6. This requires an action from the affected
                  Personality or Group. Only one Da Vinci Code can be played at one time.

                  Alternatively, this plot can be used once to add +10 to any attempt
                  to destroy Vatican City, or any Conservative Church Group. This does
                  not require an action, but the attack to destroy does. This Plot must
                  be discarded afterward.

                  May Require Action

                  *Leviticus Darksyde, Lord of Shadows*