Homebrew Ideas, Part 1

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28, 2006
      Groups:

      Osama bin Laden
      Personality
      Power: 2 Resistance: 4

      Alignments: Fanatic, Violent, Criminal

      Attributes: TBD

      Gives +10 to any attempt to destroy any Government Group that is part
      of the US, and any Corporate Group.

      Osama is as elusive as a greased pig. Any attempt to capture or
      destroy him by any Government Group, or any Assassination comes with
      a -15 penalty.

      Donald Trump

      Personality

      Power: 4 Resistance: 4

      Alignments: Straight, Corporate

      Attributes: Media, Bank

      The Donald gives a +2 for any attempt to control any Corporate, Media
      Group, or Bank. Has +6 for direct control of these Groups or any
      female Personality.

      By use of his action, Donald can "fire" any Personality in play. The
      said Personality must be discarded (if it had puppets, they must be
      placed in their owner's hand) is not considered destroyed, and may be
      played again.

      Resources:

      Atomic Bomb

      Atomic Bomb can destroy any Place, and its puppets. This is
      automatic; no die roll is needed. The destroyed Groups count towards
      the Goal of the attacking player.

      Once used, this resource must be discarded.

      Gadget

      Plots:

      The Da Vinci Code

      This plot may be linked to any female Personality, the Templars, or
      any Science Group. The Power of this Personality or Group is
      increased to 6. This requires an action from the affected
      Personality or Group.

      Alternatively, this plot can be used once to add +10 to any attempt
      to destroy Vatican City. This does not require an action. This Plot
      must be discarded afterward.

      May Require Action

      More to Come!

      *Leviticus Darksyde, Lord of Shadows*
    • Björn Lagerström
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2006
        I like Osama and the D-code but Trump and Bomb are WAY to
        over-powered. Automatic removal of place/personality is to good to be
        true. You should at least be required to make a dice-roll. Atomic Bomb
        is better then a volcano with a Giant Kudzu added to it with a
        Combined Disaster while playing Servants. And thats a (49 - power of
        target place) to destroy. New York rigth next to Shangri-La, with a
        Cyborg Soldiers only has 29 power in defence so it's still 20 or less
        on a die roll to destroy it, and it still fails on a 11 or 12. I think
        I've made my ponit now.

        And shouldn't a personality have to be linked to Trump first (giving
        them +2 power or something), before he can fire them? Which means that
        you link your personalitys to Trump and if someone then steals them
        from you, you just discard them. And any personality directly
        controlled by Trump has to be linked to him and you cannot unlink a
        personality from Trump once he/she has been linked.

        Just my 2 cents.
        /Bjorne

        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2006
          --- In illuminatinewworldorder@yahoogroups.com, "Björn Lagerström"
          <rick.s.chris@...> wrote:

          > I like Osama and the D-code but Trump and Bomb are WAY too over-
          powered. Automatic removal of place/personality is to good to be
          true. You should at least be required to make a dice-roll. Atomic
          Bomb is better then a volcano with a Giant Kudzu added to it with a
          Combined Disaster while playing Servants. And thats a (49 - power of
          target place) to destroy. New York rigth next to Shangri-La, with a
          Cyborg Soldiers only has 29 power in defence so it's still 20 or less
          on a die roll to destroy it, and it still fails on a 11 or 12. I
          think I've made my point now.

          Have you really? I'm still lost trying to figure out what you're
          saying here. Of course, it needs work, but I still like the
          automatic destruction of a Place (Just think Hiroshima). Maybe with
          a Huge Place we might need a die roll...

          I'll work on it...

          > And shouldn't a personality have to be linked to Trump first
          (giving them +2 power or something), before he can fire them? Which
          means that you link your personalitys to Trump and if someone then
          steals them from you, you just discard them. And any personality
          directly controlled by Trump has to be linked to him and you cannot
          unlink a personality from Trump once he/she has been linked.

          You do have a point there. I'll work on it and see what transpires.

          *Leviticus Darksyde, Lord of Shadows*
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2006
            Donald Trump

            Personality

            Power: 4 Resistance: 4

            Alignments: Straight, Corporate

            Attributes: Media, Bank

            The Donald gives a +2 for any attempt to control any Corporate, Media
            Group, or Bank. Has +6 for direct control of these Groups or any
            female Personality.

            Any Personality you own may be linked to Donald, and once linked,
            cannot be unlinked, even if captured, except by Donald.

            "You're Fired."

            By use of his action, The Donald can "fire" any Personality linked to
            him. This Personality must be discarded (and any puppets returned to
            his/her owner's hand), is not counted as destroyed for any Goals, and
            may be played again by anyone with a duplicate. The link is thus
            terminated.

            Resources:

            Atom Bomb

            Atom Bomb gives +10 on any attempt to control any Nation as long as
            it is not used (it is a powerful threat). If linked to a Nation,
            Atomic Bomb raises the Nation's Power to 6, and gives it Global Power
            equal to its regular Power.

            Alternatively, Atom Bomb can be used to automatically destroy any
            Place, except a Huge one, which is merely devastated. No die roll is
            required. However, once used, Atom Bomb must be discarded.

            Gadget

            Yeah, I know, it's a very powerful Resource. Use it wisely.

            Message 5 of 9 , May 1, 2006
              Now I like them.

              Unfortunately, I think the A-Bomb might be to close to Rogue Boomer.
              "Rogue Boomer
              Gives +5 on any attempt to control a Nation. Or used once, can add +10
              on any attempt to destroy a Place, including Disasters - but then the
              Rogue Boomer must be discarded."

              But if you like to use similar cards without using duplicates, then
              why not. It's been done before with Murphy's Law/Bulldada,
              Bribery/Luck Plane and Hoax!/Secrets Man Was Not Meant To
              Know/18½-Minute Gap so why not.

              /Bjorne

              On 02/05/06, Leviticus Darksyde <leviticus_darksyde@...> wrote:

              > Donald Trump
              >
              > Personality
              >
              > Power: 4 Resistance: 4
              >
              > Alignments: Straight, Corporate
              >
              > Attributes: Media, Bank
              >
              > The Donald gives a +2 for any attempt to control any Corporate, Media
              > Group, or Bank. Has +6 for direct control of these Groups or any
              > female Personality.
              >
              > Any Personality you own may be linked to Donald, and once linked,
              > cannot be unlinked, even if captured, except by Donald.
              >
              > "You're Fired."
              >
              > By use of his action, The Donald can "fire" any Personality linked to
              > him. This Personality must be discarded (and any puppets returned to
              > his/her owner's hand), is not counted as destroyed for any Goals, and
              > may be played again by anyone with a duplicate. The link is thus
              > terminated.
              >

              > Resources:
              >
              > Atom Bomb
              >
              > Atom Bomb gives +10 on any attempt to control any Nation as long as
              > it is not used (it is a powerful threat). If linked to a Nation,
              > Atomic Bomb raises the Nation's Power to 6, and gives it Global Power
              > equal to its regular Power.
              >
              > Alternatively, Atom Bomb can be used to automatically destroy any
              > Place, except a Huge one, which is merely devastated. No die roll is
              > required. However, once used, Atom Bomb must be discarded.
              >
              > Gadget
              >
              > Yeah, I know, it's a very powerful Resource. Use it wisely.
              >

              > *Leviticus Darksyde, Lord of Shadows*
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • phraktal snipe
              Message 6 of 9 , May 2, 2006
                I like the idea of an A-Bomb, but the power it gives a nation seems a bit
                too much. For instance, in real life, a "3rd world country" (say, power of
                2, normally) that gets ahold of an A-Bomb doesn't suddenly command the same
                wealth and resources as "normal" Power 6 cards. Global Power would probably
                raise, as its global presence would become more well known (affecting
                sympathisers, agitators, etc) -but SIX seems a bit much.

                Also, if used to destroy a place, that place should reflect the fact that
                even if it's not totally blown out of the game, it will never be the same
                (do to radiation poisoning). Maybe, after dropping the a-bomb on a place,
                that place is permanantly devistated? (assuming the initial attack
                succeeds).

                just some nitpicks :)

                Message 7 of 9 , May 8, 2006
                  --- In illuminatinewworldorder@yahoogroups.com, "phraktal snipe"
                  <phraktal_snipe@...> wrote:

                  > I like the idea of an A-Bomb, but the power it gives a nation seems
                  a bit too much. For instance, in real life, a "3rd world country"
                  (say, power of 2, normally) that gets ahold of an A-Bomb doesn't
                  suddenly command the same wealth and resources as "normal" Power 6
                  cards. Global Power would probably raise, as its global presence
                  would become more well known (affecting sympathisers, agitators,
                  etc) -but SIX seems a bit much.

                  You don't like 6? How about 4?

                  > Also, if used to destroy a place, that place should reflect the
                  fact that even if it's not totally blown out of the game, it will
                  never be the same (do to radiation poisoning). Maybe, after dropping
                  the a-bomb on a place, that place is permanantly devastated?
                  (assuming the initial attack succeeds).

                  The attack ALWAYS succeeds. Did you not read the post?

                  A Huge Place would not be totally destroyed mostly because of its
                  size, and permamnently devastating a Place is out of the question for
                  me in any case; it may as well be destroyed. Remember, Japan was
                  not "permanently devastated" by the first A-Bomb. The only amendment
                  to this I would make is any Huge Place, or a Place with a Power of 5
                  or more would be only devastated. Anything less would be totally
                  destroyed.

                  Anyway, it was just an idea I was kicking around.

                  Fnord.

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 9, 2006
                    Yes, 4 sounds *much* more reasonable. :) -Sorry, i spaced out you already
                    mentioning the attack always succeeds.

                    Cards that would be Cool:

                    Nazi Occultists, Miskatonic University, De Vermis Mysteries (book resource
                    for magic groups), Electoral College, Bureau of Paranormal Research and
                    Defense (BPRD)..

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 18, 2006
                      The Da Vinci Code should now read:

                      This plot may be linked to any female Personality, the Templars, or
                      any Science Group. The Power of this Personality or Group is
                      increased to 6. This requires an action from the affected
                      Personality or Group. Only one Da Vinci Code can be played at one time.

                      Alternatively, this plot can be used once to add +10 to any attempt
                      to destroy Vatican City, or any Conservative Church Group. This does
                      not require an action, but the attack to destroy does. This Plot must
                      be discarded afterward.

                      May Require Action

                      *Leviticus Darksyde, Lord of Shadows*