Re: My INWO Editorial Is Back Up!

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2005
      So you like the cards but hate the mythology. Talk about
      contradicting yourself! The "fluff" as you call it, is information
      on the Church of the SubGenius. Without that, why even bother with
      the cards?

      And if the myth bothers you that much, why is the CotSG worth one
      card, let alone 100?

      I think the real problem is that the whole SubGenius concept is a
      bunch of nonsense.

      As far as ignoring it, the only reason I'm doing that now is I want
      to get the Assassins cards first, before I even open that Pandora's
      Box. Problem is, a box of Assassins costs $80, and some of these
      cards just don't justify the cost. I'm waiting for the price to come
      down a bit (or my cash flow to increase so the price doesn't matter).

      And here's a clue: As long as I don't have the cards, I can't put
      them in my decks, therefore, they don't exist in Darksyde Warehouse
      23. And yes, there is a reason outside cards are not allowed here!

      Now, since you seem to need 14 days to print cards, I'd suggest you
      make a few homebrews with these new Attributes you've suggested,
      rather than trying to change the SubGenius deck. These things are
      confusing enough without someone trying to change the rules.

      Fnord.

      *Leviticus Darksyde*
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2005
        Hi Leviticus,

        >So you like the cards but hate the mythology. Talk about
        contradicting yourself!

        Contradiction?
        It's a nuance.
        I like the card mechanics and all the clever decks they allow me to
        build.
        I don't like the artwork, or the nonsense that comes with the card
        mechanics.

        > And if the myth bothers you that much, why is the CotSG worth one
        > card, let alone 100?

        Heck, the dentists were worth one card. So was pale people in black.
        I don't see a problem with 1 CotSG card. But a 100 card set? It
        wouldn't work with Dentists either.

        >I think the real problem is that the whole SubGenius concept is a
        >bunch of nonsense.
        I think so too. Glad we agree on something.

        >As far as ignoring it, the only reason I'm doing that now is I want
        >to get the Assassins cards first, before I even open that Pandora's
        >Box.
        >And here's a clue: As long as I don't have the cards, I can't put
        >them in my decks, therefore, they don't exist in Darksyde Warehouse
        >23.
        I appriciate that you don't have them, and therefore don't use them.
        Makes perfect sense.
        I was just saying that if CotSG is just a funny joke that I should
        enjoy, then I don't get why you wouldn't buy a set which costs
        around a third of the assassins set you're looking for. It's even
        non-collectible. Just buy, pop open, and play :)
        (BTW, if 80 dollars is for a set _with_ all the ultrarares, then I
        figure thats not a bad price. You might have to wait a long time for
        a better offer).

        >Now, since you seem to need 14 days to print cards, I'd suggest
        >you make a few homebrews with these new Attributes you've suggested
        I'll have to pass. My group don't use homebrews.

        >rather than trying to change the SubGenius deck. These things are
        >confusing enough without someone trying to change the rules.

        ?
        I'm not trying to change the rules. Just the flavor text, title and
        pictures for the cards.
        And even if that _is_ confusing, I don't understand how it would
        impact your group in any way? You don't use those cards. And if you
        did, you still wouldn't be affected by the house rules in my local
        group.

        Cheers