New Decks on the Website

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2005
      The Fandom Convention: Now in its permanent location.

      Prank Callers: Now it has Bavaria as its Illuminati!

      XeroX: The Bermuda deck which uses duplicates!

      Fnord.

      *Leviticus Darksyde*
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2005
        Hi Leviticus,
        good work on the XeroX deck. Very well done.

        I hope you don't mind me making a few suggestions :)
        IMO, the deck has a single problem - it's 20 card group deck. With
        Bermuda you often need to draw a specific group to complete your
        goal, so even though you have duplicates, 20 groups is a lot of
        cards to go through.

        I'd trim it like this:
        Go with 2 new yorks and no mafia. That's one extra point of power
        for the tight endgame.
        Remove OPEC. It's a neat trick, but you've used it before (more than
        once).
        You've got plenty of ways to get those last few points of power, so
        I think that some of the resources are a bit overkill. I'd remove
        Hidden City,

        Bermuda Triangle, Perpetual Motion Machine and Warehouse 23.
        Maybe even Holy grail, since it can't protect all 3 places?

        That frees up 5-6 plots, but your contingency plan has probably been
        killed.
        A power-up for straight and/or corporate is another way of gatting
        those last 3 points of power.
        Perhaps a S&L Scam.
        Mothers March is good against disasters too.
        You probably have some ideas of your own as well.

        Just thinking out loud.
        Perhaps you can use some of it.

        Cheers
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 14, 2005
          --- In illuminatinewworldorder@yahoogroups.com, plasmoid_dk
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > Hi Leviticus,
          > good work on the XeroX deck. Very well done.
          >
          > I hope you don't mind me making a few suggestions :)
          > IMO, the deck has a single problem - it's 20 card group deck. With
          > Bermuda you often need to draw a specific group to complete your
          > goal, so even though you have duplicates, 20 groups is a lot of
          > cards to go through.

          That is true. Removing the Resources by itself woudl solve that
          problem. But if you lose a Group and its duplicate, you might as
          well give up, as you won't be able to replace the Alignments (The
          Orbital Mind Control Lasers can only do so much).

          > I'd trim it like this: Go with 2 new yorks and no mafia. That's
          one extra point of power for the tight endgame.

          I deliberately put New York in as a backup. You could do it that
          way, but that would just give you one more Place to defend, and like
          you said, there is only one Holy Grail.

          > Remove OPEC. It's a neat trick, but you've used it before (more
          than once).

          You say that like it's a bad thing (LOL). Seriously, it's there for
          the backup plan, to help get to 50 for Power for Its Own Sake, should
          you need to go that way.

          > You've got plenty of ways to get those last few points of power, so
          I think that some of the resources are a bit overkill. I'd remove
          Hidden City, Bermuda Triangle, Perpetual Motion Machine and Warehouse
          23. Maybe even Holy grail, since it can't protect all 3 places?
          That frees up 5-6 plots, but your contingency plan has probably been
          killed.

          The contingency plan is why the Resources are there. If you want a
          One Trick Pony, you can take them out, but then you're screwed if you
          lose a Group permanently, and you won't have enough points for the
          contingency plan, should you need to use it. The Holy Grail is there
          to protect California, leaving you one Place (Vatican City) to worry
          about. If you remove Bermuda Triangle, you have no Illuminati! What
          were you thinking?

          > A power-up for straight and/or corporate is another way of getting
          those last 3 points of power.

          I have those Yellow NWO's for that; Powerups would be just as much
          overkill as the Resources.

          > Perhaps a S&L Scam.

          Last time I checked, S&L Scam was for drawing Plots, not adding
          points.

          > Mothers March is good against disasters too.

          You'd better explain that one. I'm not sure it can be used against
          Disaters. Early Warning is more suited for that task anyway.

          > You probably have some ideas of your own as well.

          Whatever ideas I had are already in the deck.

          > Just thinking out loud. Perhaps you can use some of it.

          Sometimes it's just best to leave well enough alone.

          Fnord.

          *Leviticus Darksyde*
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 14, 2005
            Hi Leviticus,
            do is you wish :)

            My feeling was simply that having 2 of every needed group _is_ this
            decks contingency plan. And, IMO, by adding another contingency
            plan, you're seriously reducing the viability of the main plan.
            But it's your call.

            >If you remove Bermuda Triangle, you have no Illuminati! What
            >were you thinking?
            Ooops. typo. It should have been the resource Hidden City.

            > I have those Yellow NWO's for that; Powerups would be just as much
            > overkill as the Resources.
            I was talking from the context that some of the power-up resources
            would be gone.

            >>Mothers March is good against disasters too.
            >You'd better explain that one. I'm not sure it can be used against
            >Disaters.
            I've checked.
            Because it can be used after the roll, it can be used against any
            attack (like WITCH). As you said, Emergency Powers is better, but I
            was just thinking about your limit on duplicates.

            Cheers
            Martin :)
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 15, 2005
              While there is some logic to what you're saying, I still feel you
              need a backup plan if you should lose a Group AND its duplicate.

              I already have Mothers' March in the deck; I just wasn't sure it
              could be used against Disasters, but you're right, it is used after
              the die roll, which makes it legal.

              Oh, and the Disaster card is Early Warning, not Emergency Powers (the
              Powerup for Government Groups). I was able to double that up after
              making a couple of changes...

              Fnord.

              *Leviticus Darksyde*
            • Björn Lagerström
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 16, 2005
                When it comes to avoiding disasters I've always liked This Was Only a
                Test. But then, most of my friends always hold on to their disasters
                until the last turn before the use them.

                /Bjorne