Re: Whoa!

  • jeffboes
    Message 1 of 127 , Sep 28, 1999
      Have you played the original (pre-CCG)
      Illuminati?<br><br>Basically, INWO is a two- or more (better with 4-6) player
      game in which the object is to get enough Groups under
      your control to meet the win condition (usually 10,
      11, or 12). There are other win conditions, some of
      which are dependent on which Illuminatus you are (one
      has as a win condition to accumulate power points,
      another wants to destroy groups rather than acquire them,
      and so on). Other win conditions, or 'goals', can be
      set by holding certain other cards in your hand
      (called Plots).<br><br>The game has a certain amount of
      diplomacy (posturing, threatening) in it, because in
      general you can't win if everyone else at the table
      opposes you at the same time. So the winner tends to be
      someone who can cajole others into leaving him or her
      alone, until such time as they can grab for the
      win--usually at that point they have tricked the others into
      weakening themselves.<br><br>Check the club links page for
      the FAQ, etc. You can still get cards cheaply at
      various online merchants. Or write to me, and I'll send
      you enough commons to get you started.
      Message 127 of 127 , Jan 23, 2002