[Illuminati New World Order] Comback Quiz - Basic Solutions

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2005
      Hi all,
      here are solutions 1-3 for the Comeback Quiz. All of these pertain
      to the basic goal.
      There are still plenty of options out there, so feel free to give it
      a go:

      ***1: Criminal Overlords.***
      Remember that in a 4 player game the basic goal is 11, and you've
      got an illuminati + 5 groups.
      Criminal Overlords is the only doubler goal which is not affected by
      your power1-2 restriction, so with that in hand you are quite close
      to the basic goal. Combine with one of the powerful privilege cards
      and you are good to go.

      Groups: Manual Noriega, Semiconscious Liberation Army, Arms Dealers,
      Ollie North, Savings & Loans.
      Plots: Criminal Overlords, 2 x Censorship.
      Ollie and Manual can each play a Censorship to take Ronnie Reagan
      and Nancy. If one attack fails, Bavaria can use its privilege to try
      again.

      ***2: Big Slurps***
      Another way top achieve the basic goal is simply to slurp cards that
      count double.
      For that, you could use another great slurping card: Alien Abduction.

      Groups: Saucer Landing Strip->Local Clenches, LPDs, Druids, Prince
      Charles
      Plots: Hail Eris, 2 x Alien Abduction
      Use the Landing Strips 2 tokens to take over Lama Ramadingdong and
      Jesus B. Then use Bavarias Privilege (w. aid from Druids) to take
      over St. Janor Hypercleats. Move LPDs as a puppet of St. Janor to
      give him power 3. With Hail Eris, you're at 12 groups.

      ***3: Basic Goal***
      You could also just go for the basic goal. But you'll need a lot of
      privileges and a big slurp bonus. Is it possible? With one of the
      big combos in the game, it sure is:

      Groups: NASA->England, Al Gore, Connie Dobbs->Pro Sports.
      Plots: Back to the Salt Mines, New Federal Budget, Saint of Sales.

      Link Connie to Pro Sports to give her power 5, allowing her to power
      Saint of Sales, in order to give the Black Helicopters to England.
      Using Back to the Saltmines, England now has 10+ privileged attack
      to take Canada and Italy from hand. Pro Sports and Al Gore moves
      these to unblock Englands arrows. England gets a token from NASA,
      and slurps Finland. England gets NASAs token, and slurps Finland.
      Bavaria powers a New Federal Budget to put a token on England, NASA
      and Al Gore, and Al Gore moves Finland to his second control arrow.
      Finally, England uses its new token, and then NASAs token to slurp
      up France and Germany.
      If all your 10+ rolls succeeded, you're at 11 groups.

      Cheers
      Martin :)
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 10, 2005
        --- In illuminatinewworldorder@yahoogroups.com, plasmoid_dk
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        > here are solutions 1-3 for the Comeback Quiz. All of these pertain
        > to the basic goal.
        > There are still plenty of options out there, so feel free to give
        it
        > a go:
        >
        > ***1: Criminal Overlords.***
        > Remember that in a 4 player game the basic goal is 11, and you've
        > got an illuminati + 5 groups.
        > Criminal Overlords is the only doubler goal which is not affected
        by
        > your power1-2 restriction, so with that in hand you are quite close
        > to the basic goal. Combine with one of the powerful privilege cards
        > and you are good to go.
        >
        > Groups: Manual Noriega, Semiconscious Liberation Army, Arms
        Dealers,
        > Ollie North, Savings & Loans.
        > Plots: Criminal Overlords, 2 x Censorship.
        > Ollie and Manual can each play a Censorship to take Ronnie Reagan
        > and Nancy. If one attack fails, Bavaria can use its privilege to
        try
        > again.
        >
        > ***2: Big Slurps***
        > Another way top achieve the basic goal is simply to slurp cards
        that
        > count double.
        > For that, you could use another great slurping card: Alien
        Abduction.

        > Groups: Saucer Landing Strip->Local Clenches, LPDs, Druids, Prince
        > Charles
        > Plots: Hail Eris, 2 x Alien Abduction
        > Use the Landing Strips 2 tokens to take over Lama Ramadingdong and
        > Jesus B. Then use Bavarias Privilege (w. aid from Druids) to take
        > over St. Janor Hypercleats. Move LPDs as a puppet of St. Janor to
        > give him power 3. With Hail Eris, you're at 12 groups.
        >
        > ***3: Basic Goal***
        > You could also just go for the basic goal. But you'll need a lot of
        > privileges and a big slurp bonus. Is it possible? With one of the
        > big combos in the game, it sure is:
        >
        > Groups: NASA->England, Al Gore, Connie Dobbs->Pro Sports.
        > Plots: Back to the Salt Mines, New Federal Budget, Saint of Sales.
        >
        > Link Connie to Pro Sports to give her power 5, allowing her to
        power
        > Saint of Sales, in order to give the Black Helicopters to England.
        > Using Back to the Saltmines, England now has 10+ privileged attack
        > to take Canada and Italy from hand. Pro Sports and Al Gore moves
        > these to unblock Englands arrows. England gets a token from NASA,
        > and slurps Finland. England gets NASAs token, and slurps Finland.
        > Bavaria powers a New Federal Budget to put a token on England, NASA
        > and Al Gore, and Al Gore moves Finland to his second control arrow.
        > Finally, England uses its new token, and then NASAs token to slurp
        > up France and Germany.
        > If all your 10+ rolls succeeded, you're at 11 groups.
        >
        > Cheers
        > Martin :)

        This is assuming you're playing to 11 (You left this info out when
        you created this scenario). In Darksyde Warehouse 23, this solution
        would be invalid, as we always play to 12, regardless of how many
        players are in the game.

        Fnord.

        *Leviticus Darksyde*
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 10, 2005
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > Hi Leviticus and Björne,
          > Björne is correct - you've already made your ATO.
          > Still, you're very close to one of the solutions to the quiz.
          > Remember - you've got your 3 card plot hand.
          > Can you do it?
          >
          > Cheers
          > Martin

          I figured that out on my own after I'd already posted. My bad.

          Fnord.

          *Leviticus Darksyde*
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 11, 2005
            Hi Leviticus,
            I went with the official rules.
            WDH 1.2 states that unless players agree otherwize, a 4 player game
            is to 11 groups.

            I look forward to reading your new decks later today.
            Cheers
            Martin

            PS - you don't have to quote all of my long posts for my benefit. :)
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 11, 2005
              I just read WDH 1.2 and have amended the DW23 Rules to read "All
              official INWO rules apply." Before this, the only official rules I
              knew of were the ones that came with the Factory Set.

              Thanks for the heads up!

              Fnord.

              *Leviticus Darksyde*