Re: [Illuminati New World Order] Re: Comback Quiz

  • Björn Lagerström
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 30, 2004
      Sorry, but it states that you have just placed action tokens and you
      do that after you ATO. But with two +10 cards on the attack to
      control, the attack shouldn't be that difficult. Although, I'm not so
      sure that you have 5 1-2 power conservatives.

      /Bjorne

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 31, 2004
        Hi Leviticus and Björne,
        Björne is correct - you've already made your ATO.
        Still, you're very close to one of the solutions to the quiz.
        Remember - you've got your 3 card plot hand.
        Can you do it?

        Cheers
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2005
          Hi all,
          here are solutions 1-3 for the Comeback Quiz. All of these pertain
          to the basic goal.
          There are still plenty of options out there, so feel free to give it
          a go:

          ***1: Criminal Overlords.***
          Remember that in a 4 player game the basic goal is 11, and you've
          got an illuminati + 5 groups.
          Criminal Overlords is the only doubler goal which is not affected by
          your power1-2 restriction, so with that in hand you are quite close
          to the basic goal. Combine with one of the powerful privilege cards
          and you are good to go.

          Groups: Manual Noriega, Semiconscious Liberation Army, Arms Dealers,
          Ollie North, Savings & Loans.
          Plots: Criminal Overlords, 2 x Censorship.
          Ollie and Manual can each play a Censorship to take Ronnie Reagan
          and Nancy. If one attack fails, Bavaria can use its privilege to try
          again.

          ***2: Big Slurps***
          Another way top achieve the basic goal is simply to slurp cards that
          count double.
          For that, you could use another great slurping card: Alien Abduction.

          Groups: Saucer Landing Strip->Local Clenches, LPDs, Druids, Prince
          Charles
          Plots: Hail Eris, 2 x Alien Abduction
          Use the Landing Strips 2 tokens to take over Lama Ramadingdong and
          Jesus B. Then use Bavarias Privilege (w. aid from Druids) to take
          over St. Janor Hypercleats. Move LPDs as a puppet of St. Janor to
          give him power 3. With Hail Eris, you're at 12 groups.

          ***3: Basic Goal***
          You could also just go for the basic goal. But you'll need a lot of
          privileges and a big slurp bonus. Is it possible? With one of the
          big combos in the game, it sure is:

          Groups: NASA->England, Al Gore, Connie Dobbs->Pro Sports.
          Plots: Back to the Salt Mines, New Federal Budget, Saint of Sales.

          Link Connie to Pro Sports to give her power 5, allowing her to power
          Saint of Sales, in order to give the Black Helicopters to England.
          Using Back to the Saltmines, England now has 10+ privileged attack
          to take Canada and Italy from hand. Pro Sports and Al Gore moves
          these to unblock Englands arrows. England gets a token from NASA,
          and slurps Finland. England gets NASAs token, and slurps Finland.
          Bavaria powers a New Federal Budget to put a token on England, NASA
          and Al Gore, and Al Gore moves Finland to his second control arrow.
          Finally, England uses its new token, and then NASAs token to slurp
          up France and Germany.
          If all your 10+ rolls succeeded, you're at 11 groups.

          Cheers
          Martin :)
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 10, 2005
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            > here are solutions 1-3 for the Comeback Quiz. All of these pertain
            > to the basic goal.
            > There are still plenty of options out there, so feel free to give
            it
            > a go:
            >
            > ***1: Criminal Overlords.***
            > Remember that in a 4 player game the basic goal is 11, and you've
            > got an illuminati + 5 groups.
            > Criminal Overlords is the only doubler goal which is not affected
            by
            > your power1-2 restriction, so with that in hand you are quite close
            > to the basic goal. Combine with one of the powerful privilege cards
            > and you are good to go.
            >
            > Groups: Manual Noriega, Semiconscious Liberation Army, Arms
            Dealers,
            > Ollie North, Savings & Loans.
            > Plots: Criminal Overlords, 2 x Censorship.
            > Ollie and Manual can each play a Censorship to take Ronnie Reagan
            > and Nancy. If one attack fails, Bavaria can use its privilege to
            try
            > again.
            >
            > ***2: Big Slurps***
            > Another way top achieve the basic goal is simply to slurp cards
            that
            > count double.
            > For that, you could use another great slurping card: Alien
            Abduction.

            > Groups: Saucer Landing Strip->Local Clenches, LPDs, Druids, Prince
            > Charles
            > Plots: Hail Eris, 2 x Alien Abduction
            > Use the Landing Strips 2 tokens to take over Lama Ramadingdong and
            > Jesus B. Then use Bavarias Privilege (w. aid from Druids) to take
            > over St. Janor Hypercleats. Move LPDs as a puppet of St. Janor to
            > give him power 3. With Hail Eris, you're at 12 groups.
            >
            > ***3: Basic Goal***
            > You could also just go for the basic goal. But you'll need a lot of
            > privileges and a big slurp bonus. Is it possible? With one of the
            > big combos in the game, it sure is:
            >
            > Groups: NASA->England, Al Gore, Connie Dobbs->Pro Sports.
            > Plots: Back to the Salt Mines, New Federal Budget, Saint of Sales.
            >
            > Link Connie to Pro Sports to give her power 5, allowing her to
            power
            > Saint of Sales, in order to give the Black Helicopters to England.
            > Using Back to the Saltmines, England now has 10+ privileged attack
            > to take Canada and Italy from hand. Pro Sports and Al Gore moves
            > these to unblock Englands arrows. England gets a token from NASA,
            > and slurps Finland. England gets NASAs token, and slurps Finland.
            > Bavaria powers a New Federal Budget to put a token on England, NASA
            > and Al Gore, and Al Gore moves Finland to his second control arrow.
            > Finally, England uses its new token, and then NASAs token to slurp
            > up France and Germany.
            > If all your 10+ rolls succeeded, you're at 11 groups.
            >
            > Cheers
            > Martin :)

            This is assuming you're playing to 11 (You left this info out when
            you created this scenario). In Darksyde Warehouse 23, this solution
            would be invalid, as we always play to 12, regardless of how many
            players are in the game.

            Fnord.

            *Leviticus Darksyde*
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 10, 2005
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:

              > Hi Leviticus and Björne,
              > Björne is correct - you've already made your ATO.
              > Still, you're very close to one of the solutions to the quiz.
              > Remember - you've got your 3 card plot hand.
              > Can you do it?
              >
              > Cheers
              > Martin

              I figured that out on my own after I'd already posted. My bad.

              Fnord.

              *Leviticus Darksyde*
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 11, 2005
                Hi Leviticus,
                I went with the official rules.
                WDH 1.2 states that unless players agree otherwize, a 4 player game
                is to 11 groups.

                I look forward to reading your new decks later today.
                Cheers
                Martin

                PS - you don't have to quote all of my long posts for my benefit. :)
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 11, 2005
                  I just read WDH 1.2 and have amended the DW23 Rules to read "All
                  official INWO rules apply." Before this, the only official rules I
                  knew of were the ones that came with the Factory Set.

                  Thanks for the heads up!

                  Fnord.

                  *Leviticus Darksyde*