Re: Appetite for Destruction.

  • vivisectandrew
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2004
      <snip>
      > So my guess would be you have to set the bar according
      > to the net Power, and beat THAT by X to destroy. It
      > makes almost perfect sense, except 11 & 12 would still
      > be failures.

      yeah, that's exactly what i thought. that's what i
      meant in the 'Camp 1' explanation, it's just that my
      example, (a 10 or less to succeed) an Oregon Crud
      can't destroy because there's not enough chance of
      success. i believe we are in total agreement.

      Guess you've got to stack up those bonuses to destroy
      with an Oregon Crud then, huh? :D

      thanks for the help all!
      -Andrew.
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2004
        --- In illuminatinewworldorder@yahoogroups.com, "vivisectandrew"
        <vivisectandrew@y...> wrote:

        > Guess you've got to stack up those bonuses to destroy
        > with an Oregon Crud then, huh? :D
        >
        > thanks for the help all!
        > -Andrew.

        My favorite trick is to combine OC with a Volcano, using the Volcano
        a the "lead" disaster (makes perfect sense, when you think about
        it). You don't need as low a roll to destroy, and you can wipe out
        even the closest Place to its Illuminati. Even better if you can use
        two Earthquake Projector actions on it (remember, they're not
        Unique). Don't forget that Combined Disasters card!

        Fnord.

        *Leviticus Darksyde*