Re: Worthless Cards

    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 2, 2004
      Hi Leviticus,

      >Going back to the Ollie North issue again: If you take the Reagans
      >out of the equation, there really isn't much Ollie can really do
      >for you. Ditto with Jimmy Hoffa. Without the CFL-AIO, he's pretty
      >much useless (unless you're playing an anti-Corporate deck against
      >Zurich).

      My point is:
      If you use Nancys ability to slurp Ronnie, and Nancy then bites it,
      you still got Ronald to show for your efforts.
      If Elvis comes into play, you get a bonus - but when he goes again,
      you having nothing to show for it.

      Cheers
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 2, 2004
        --- In illuminatinewworldorder@yahoogroups.com, plasmoid_dk
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Hi Leviticus,
        >
        > >Going back to the Ollie North issue again: If you take the Reagans
        > >out of the equation, there really isn't much Ollie can really do
        > >for you. Ditto with Jimmy Hoffa. Without the CFL-AIO, he's pretty
        > >much useless (unless you're playing an anti-Corporate deck against
        > >Zurich).
        >
        > My point is:
        > If you use Nancys ability to slurp Ronnie, and Nancy then bites it,
        > you still got Ronald to show for your efforts.
        > If Elvis comes into play, you get a bonus - but when he goes again,
        > you having nothing to show for it.
        >
        > Cheers
        > Martin

        I think you meant Ollie, not Nancy, since that was the subject, but I
        see your point. That is the problem with co-dependent cards (such as
        Elvis and the Church of Elvis). If you lose one, the other becomes
        useless. I still feel it's kind of hard to build a deck around Ollie
        North with so few Conservative Media. Using him to slurp Nancy
        Reagan (then having her slurp Ronnie) is a neat trick if you can do
        it, though.

        Fnord.

        *Leviticus Darksyde*
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 2, 2004
          --- In illuminatinewworldorder@yahoogroups.com, smacinwo
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > Earthquake Projector isn't totally useless, but it's pretty
          weak.
          > > You need two of them to really be effective. Good thing it's not
          > > Unique.
          >
          > Remember: you can't use the same card twice in the same attack.
          > About the only good thing Earthquake Projector can do is be used
          > against Space places, which cannot be done with the Weather
          > Satellite. The Earthquake disaster itself is pretty awful--I think
          > it's a coaster, if I'm remembering correctly. The very least they
          > could have done was say, "...or a +10 when used with Earthquake."

          Your mistake here is you cannot use the same PLOT card twice in the
          same attack. Earthquake Projector is a RESOURCE, and not a Unique
          one, so you CAN use two of them in the same attack (each has its own
          action, remember). If you can do it with Weather Satellite (and you
          can), you can do it with Earthquake Projector.

          It's called attention to detail.

          Fnord.

          *Leviticus Darksyde*