Cthulhu's House of Horrors

    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2004
      What I did with this deck was put in all the skulls, monsters, and
      Awful Stuff I could find. The idea for this came from Steve
      Jackson's INWO Book.

      WARNING: This deck is Pure Evil. Play at your own risk.

      Illuminati:
      Servants of Cthulhu

      Groups:
      Center for Disease Control
      Count Dracula
      Dinosaur Park
      KKK
      Ninjas
      Reformed Chuch of Satan
      Robot Sea Monsters
      W.I.T.C.H.
      Vampires
      Voudonistas

      Resources:
      Crystal Skull
      Death Mask
      Hallucinations
      Hitler's Brain
      Loch Ness Monster
      Soulburner
      Necronomicon
      Spear of Longinus

      Plots:
      Albino Alligators
      And STAY Dead!
      Atomic Monster
      The Auditor from Hell
      The Big Sellout
      Full Moon
      Giant Kudzu
      Gremlins
      Hex
      Hidden Influence
      The Internet Worm
      Let's Get REALLY Organized
      Messiah
      Mutual Betrayal
      New Blood
      Plague of Demons x2
      Privileged Attack
      Secrets Man Was Not Meant to Know x2
      Unlucky 13
      Vultures
      Withering Curse x2
      GOAL: Fratricide
      GOAL: The Hand of Madness

      Begin Game:

      Lead with Count Dracula. You want to increase his Power using the
      Vampire Lestat strategy. Give him New Blood (how fitting is that) to
      increase it to 6, double it with the Necronomicon, make him the
      Messiah, and ATO the Reformed Church of Satan to up his Power
      further. Hidden Influence gives him Global Power, and the Death Mask
      allows him to affect the dice roll AFTER it's rolled. When you're
      done with him, The Count will be walking around with a Power of
      18/18! Give him LGRO to give him more control arrows. You want him
      controlling any Violent Groups, especially the Vampires and W.I.T.C.H.

      Mid Game:

      Build your Power Structure, then start destroying things. Get out
      those Resources to help out (though you should have out the CDC
      before you break out Hitler's Brain). Have Dracula unleash a Plague
      of Demons on a hapless Place, or a Withering Curse on an unfortunate
      Personality. Need to steal a Plot? The Auditor, powered by the
      Robot Sea Monsters will do the trick. The Sea Monsters can also
      power up The Internet Worm to mess up your opponent's game plan. The
      KKK can aid your attacks for devastating results.

      End Game:

      Simple enough. Destroy enough Groups to reach your Special Goal.

      You can achieve Fratricide if you have opponents who don't have a lot
      of Power Groups (like Discordia and Hermes). You can achieve The
      Hand of Madness simply by trashing Shangri-La's Groups (or even the
      CDC if you're desperate).

      Beware:

      There are enough evil tactics in this deck to have your opponents
      gang up on you.

      Stonehenge will make an opponent immune to your evil Magic. Reduce
      it to rubble before he gets The Holy Grail out.

      If you've got the balls to attack The Network, Zurich or Bavaria,
      you'd better make the attack(s) GOOD, or they'll retaliate, and you
      don't have a lot of Power Groups to stop them from pounding you to
      Oblivion. Try to make at least one alliance.

      Here's a Dirty Trick to try: Have the Vampires control one of your
      opponents' Personalities. Have the Voudonistas (with help from the
      Ninjas) destroy him/her. If he/she had any puppets, they go to YOUR
      hand! And because the Personality was a Vampire, THEY CANNOT BRING
      HIM/HER BACK! Laugh evilly.

      Fnord.

      *Leviticus Darksyde*
    • Gary Groeneweg
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19, 2004
        Hey Leviticus

        do you keep a database of your strategies online? I'd
        love to link my site to yours if so.

        regards
        Gaz

        =====

        http://au.movies.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 20, 2004
          --- In illuminatinewworldorder@yahoogroups.com, Gary Groeneweg
          <groeneweg72@y...> wrote:
          > Hey Leviticus
          >
          > do you keep a database of your strategies online? I'd
          > love to link my site to yours if so.
          >
          > regards
          > Gaz

          No such luck, Gary.

          What I do is build the decks, fine tune them as necessary, then play
          them with a few buddies. Then I write down the cards in the deck,
          listed by Groups, Resources, and Plots (with NWO's and Goals listed
          separately). The strategies are written from my personal database,
          a.k.a. my brain. I try to post every important information about
          each deck, but sometimes I miss a detail or two, and have to post
          them as an errata.

          It's hard to really build a website when all you have to work with is
          a public computer in a cafe, and not a lot of time (I come in here
          from the time I get off work until closing time). I also involve
          myself in other online projects (such as writing fiction), which also
          takes up much of my time.

          However, I always try to come up with new ideas for decks, either one
          of my own, or a variation of something that would appear typical
          (Gnomes of Bavaria, for example). Theme decks are just more fun to
          play.

          It should be also noted that these decks are not written in stone;
          you may tailor your deck as you see fit. I also play under a set of
          house rules that limit duplicates, however, you are under no such
          restrictions, and can duplicate as many Plots as you have room for.
          I just personally don't like degenerate decks, because they offer too
          few options.

          Anyway, thanks for asking. If you have any other questions, post it
          here, or e-mail me at:

          leviticus_darksyde@...

          and I'll get back to you ASAP.

          Fnord.