Re: German List

    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2004
      Hi Smac,
      just to help you on your way.
      You're looking for 21 cards - all groups.

      AFAIK, these cards are almost certainly not in the german set:
      Bill C., Hillary C., Gordo, Ollie, George B., Al Gore, Ronald R.,
      Nancy R., Dan Q., Ross P., Germany.

      The rest are probably to be found among these cards:
      Fred Birch Society, Fraternal Orders, Triliberal C., Congressional
      Wives, Elvis?, Fidel?, Maggie?, Imelda?, Charles?, Di?, Saddam?,
      Manuel?, Survivalists?

      Good luck,
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2004
        --- In illuminatinewworldorder@yahoogroups.com, plasmoid_dk
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Hi Smac,
        > just to help you on your way.
        > You're looking for 21 cards - all groups.
        >
        > AFAIK, these cards are almost certainly not in the german set:
        > Bill C., Hillary C., Gordo, Ollie, George B., Al Gore, Ronald R.,
        > Nancy R., Dan Q., Ross P., Germany.
        >
        > The rest are probably to be found among these cards:
        > Fred Birch Society, Fraternal Orders, Triliberal C., Congressional
        > Wives, Elvis?, Fidel?, Maggie?, Imelda?, Charles?, Di?, Saddam?,
        > Manuel?, Survivalists?
        >
        > Good luck,
        > Martin

        Germany definately is in the German set--I have it--but the rest of
        your list for omitted cards is correct. I do know that Margaret
        Thatcher and Manuel Noriega are also in the German set, as are the
        Congressional Wives and Prince Charles and Princess Diana. Elvis
        also is (seeing how the Church of Elvis would be kind of useless
        without him).

        I do have a list of cards--in German. I have a high school knowledge
        of German, so I was able to translate most of them...however, there
        are about 20 or so that are idioms and I can't translate them quite
        properly; in addition, cards that are translated roughly as "Party
        Donations" could easily be Dollars for Decency, Fundie Money, or
        Pledge Drive, so it's going to be a while before I get a proper list.

        I did get some help from Alta Vista's translation site. I haven't
        done this in a while, and it was somewhat amusing some of the
        translations. "Mother's March" translated into "Housewife Strike"--
        it took me a few seconds to catch on. Deprogrammers became
        the "Brain Scrubbers"; "18 1/2 Minute Gap" was "Destroy Proofs" (I
        thought it was Cover-Up for a while); "Underground Newspapers"
        became the "Link Combat Press"; "Rain of Frogs" was modestly
        referred to as "Frog Troubles"; and the "Gun Lobby" was into the
        nearly untranslatable "Awake and Closing Companies."
        Message 3 of 7 , May 6, 2004
          Hi SmacINWO,
          please post your results here if you manage to figure it all out.
          Cheers