About Unmasking

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23 5:56 PM
      I was asked when I posted God Bless Bermuda why I didn't just have a
      second copy of Power for Its Own Sake rather than Unmask! and Bavaria.

      The answer is simple.

      I don't like having duplicated Goals in my decks. You can't have
      them both in your hand at the same time or you'll be DQ'd if caught.
      Whereas, having Unmasked and one or two Illuminati in you hand is
      perfectly legal. Plus if you also have the matching Goal, IT'S STILL
      LEGAL!

      If you lose the Goal, it's gone. If you lose Unmasked, you can still
      use the Illuminati cards as Agents, if the "real" Illuminati is in
      the game.

      Plus, there's the element of surprise. Almost no one expects Bermuda
      to Unmask as Bavaria (or vice versa). Also, there is the fact you
      can Unmask at any time during the game, not just at the end. You'd
      be surprised how this throws your opponents off (especially if you do
      it more than once in the same game).

      Another thing is that there are Illuminated Special Goals that are
      not covered by existing Goal cards (The Network is a good example of
      this). In which case, it becomes almost necessary to Unmask rather
      than use a Goal.

      Don't get me wrong. I like Goals. I use them. I just would rather
      not use a duplicate, when Unmasking serves the same purpose. Plus,
      with my house rules, there are Plots that are more desirable to
      duplicate.

      Remember, with every deck I post, there is a method to my madness.

      Fnord.

      *Leviticus Darksyde*