Re: [Illuminati New World Order] Dead dead dead

  • James R. McClure Jr.
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 27, 2003
      Peace Jim,

      >>I'm in a small game group and wanted to play OMNI (fnord) as a "filler"
      game, but I just don't get it.

      "Don't get it."? What don't you get? I'm happy to help you understand.

      James R. McClure Jr.
      Sir Knight of Columbus

    • Björn Lagerström
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 28, 2003
        I'm still here...

        And I'm been thinking a lot of how to create good tournament rules without
        to many exceptions and special rules. The reason for this is that I've
        hosted the Swedish Championship in INWO for 5 years or something, but the
        last year I haven't had the energy to do it cause it's just not worth it
        anymore; few players show up and it's almost always the same persons who
        make the finals. I'd say that the last 3 years, the finals have always been
        a match between the same 8 players.

        Now, I recently came up with a very clever idea. INWO sealed deck with
        boster draft. The only problem: THERE ARE NO STARTER DECK FROM W23. And I
        haven't found one single starter during the last year. If ANYONE know
        ANYPLACE to get starters, please send me a mail and you make me one happy
        puppy.

        /Bjorne

        Hitta rätt på nätet med MSN Sök http://search.msn.se/
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 28, 2003
          Hi Bjorne,
          sorry - can't help you with that.

          However, how about this:
          Play sealed deck with boosters only, and have each player pick the
          illuminati of their choice. :)
          Martin
        • tim_chessplayer
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 28, 2003
            Although I don't check this group often, my friends and I are still
            playing INWO. In fact, we recently got another of our friends
            interested in it, so among my friends, at least, the player base is
            growing. ;)

            "If ANYONE know
            ANYPLACE to get starters, please send me a mail and you make me one
            happy puppy.

            /Bjorne"

            I could search around online. Is there a price range we're looking
            at?
          • Fiki
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 28, 2003
              "If ANYONE know
              ANYPLACE to get starters, please send me a mail and you make me one
              happy puppy."

              AFAIK SJ Games has no plans for rereleaseing INWO or printing more starters.
              For sealed deck I know MArc Sherman who hosts the INWO rating page did have
              a deck generator which was about as close to a starter set listing as I
              could find.
              You could try generating a load of decks from that and putting them together
              in sealed bags as starters and doing it that way.

              Fiki
            • Björn Lagerström
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 28, 2003
                tim_cheesplayer wrote:

                "I could search around online. Is there a price range we're looking at?"

                Not to expensive, but I am willing to pay for shipping, taxes and the
                orginal price of the decks. What did they cost when they still were around?
                Between $10 and $15?

                Fiki wrote:

                "AFAIK SJ Games has no plans for rereleaseing INWO or printing more
                starters.
                For sealed deck I know MArc Sherman who hosts the INWO rating page did have
                a deck generator which was about as close to a starter set listing as I
                could find.
                You could try generating a load of decks from that and putting them together
                in sealed bags as starters and doing it that way."

                Yeah, I thought about that as well, but I don't think it will be the same
                thing.

                But that idea of using only boosters and letting the players pcik their
                favorit illuminati wasn't that bad. But I'll think I'll do it a bit
                different, I'm thinking something like the way you play a LotR CCG-draft.
                You get a special draft pack-booster which includes a good base to build
                your deck on, made out of 28 commons and 1 rare. Now, you can't use that
                thinking straight of, but what if you get 3 random illuminatis, and a couple
                of cards that work ok together or with the illumiantis included. What do you
                think about that?

                Or should you just give the players 3 random illuminatis and then do a
                regular booster draft?

                /Bjorne

                Hitta rätt på nätet med MSN Sök http://search.msn.se/
              • John
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 5, 2003
                  just joined the list and we just started playing again recently. i
                  was in california last summer and a game shop i stopped in had the
                  deluxe inwo box, so i picked up that along with another sub-genius
                  pack to go with my current factory set. the only thing i'm missing
                  is a complete assassins collection. since the cards are hard to find
                  we generally play a one big deck game, though the idea of virtual
                  sealed decks sounds pretty cool also. this way it's whoever is the
                  best at playing what they're dealt. nice to see others out there
                  still playing.